2022 RC390 mirror vertical adjustment

JakeS

Country flag
Hi All,

This might seem like a stupid question but I have recently brought a 2022 RC390 and I want to rotate the mirrors vertically, I note that the whole housing rotates horizontally only. I tried moving them within the housing but its is very stiff (i.e. doesn't move at all) and I don't want to crack the mirror by adding more pressure unless I know they are supposed to do this. Are they supposed to move within the mirror housing or are they locked in the vertical aspect?

My other option is to buy a bar end mirror that have the ball/cup joint.

Thanks for your advice.

J

mcsmith2174

Country flag
So they don’t mine don’t mine don’t move the smallest bit vertically. It is a major design flaw. If you’re tall like me you need to move them so you can get the best visibility you can. I’m 6’2” and this is how I have mine setup (see below images).

I moved the main arm so they’re all the way back and tilted the mirrors out. I have it set so in the top corners cover about 2-3 car lengths behind me to reduce my blind spot and if I move my arm the inner part allows me to see behind me. The first image is taken from the level of my eyes when I’m riding but zoomed in just a bit for clarity. You have to trade between blind spot coverage and greater visibility rearwards. Motorcycle mirrors suck in general and you just gotta get used to it and move your head.

Attachments

• IMG_1889.jpg
    IMG_1889.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1890.jpg
    IMG_1890.jpg
    888.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

JakeS

Country flag
Thanks for replying!
I brought a bar end mirror and, when I was removing the original mirrors I ended up spotting that they do have a ball joint and a spring, turns out the mirrors were jammed in place from any vertical rotation. Once I had fully loosened the screw (effectively taking it right off) it I could move it around freely. I replaced the screw and tightened until I was happy with the stiffness. Hopefully this helps you as well.

Problem solved, now i have an extra bar end mirror....

J