05.09.2015 Japatul Valley Rd

Wicked Chicken

RC390 japatul valley road.jpgHey Now. Just gave my new 390 a shake down run through some of my favorite twisties in East County, San Diego. Usually I ride an 06' Ducati Sport Classic or an 88' H-D FXRP so "I'm outta my element here dude".

Impressions; Quick Handling, great little ride in narrow and tight curves. This bike is going to be a blast on the track once dialed in! Definitely going to ride it like a two stroke with lots of corner speed, carry that momentum everywhere.

Narrow sweet spot, lots of rowing through gears. (wondering how much a Power Commander, AkroPov and Dyno work can open that up?)

Easy to ride and stay comfortable, save for the wind screen. New bubble will fix that. Brakes are not so good. Gonna need that 320 mm Full Floater and Pads, maybe throw on a set of Braided lines too. Fuel Gauge goes slow from Full to Half tank, fast from Half to Empty tank. Had to make a quick 5 mile detour to Alpine for gas and while I'm at it see if Alpine Brewing company has a line out the door. YUP!!! Never mind on that beer and Pull PohK sammich, Onward I pressed to Lyons Valley road. Twenty acres for sale out there, NICE. My cow friends weren't out at four corners so I headed on back home for a cold one and burger. All in all great ride, very impressed with a "Beginners" bike and can't wait to take it racing.

RC390.jpg

Last edited: