2015 KTM RC390 in Vancouver Island

FrenchieHero

Country flag
I have my motorcycle in the shop right now getting a head gasket replaced and full service ($2000 plus) and I'm looking to get some feelers of potential buyers in the British Columbia area. I live in Victoria, so if you are from the states you could technically come over the ferry from Seattle to if this is the bike for you. I would keep the bike, but it's just financially not going to work for me anymore.

Bike has about 11,000kms, and has multiple upgrades to it that I find make it a way better machine.

Recent tires (Metzler Sportec M7 RR) Lots of KTM Power Sports parts including: seat, orange anodized parts , windshield Air box mod Power Commander Rear sets Adjustable levers Tail tidy HH front brake pads Frame and axle sliders Rear shock replaced with fully adjustable 2007 Yamaha unit- this transforms this bike into a machine that handles very well.

I'm going to post it for $4500 CAD Firm once it's back from the shop in a month. Just FYI.

thumbnail.jpg 99391596_614.jpg 99391598_614.jpg

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
That's NOT true! The 2015 was the one that had the v1 version of the head and WHY they had to change it and WHY it SHOULD be covered. KTM updated the head because of the high failure rate. Don't ask. Tell.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
You can file a small claim up to $5k in O' Canada which should more than cover the costs for the repair. Hold that in your back pocket as a threat of last resort. You can EASILY find AMPLE evidence of 2015's with premature head gasket failure... which any sane judge should take into account in awarding you for the cost of the repair and replacement with the v2 version of the head, which is what the bikes ship with now.

FrenchieHero

Country flag
You can file a small claim up to $5k in O' Canada which should more than cover the costs for the repair. Hold that in your back pocket as a threat of last resort. You can EASILY find AMPLE evidence of 2015's with premature head gasket failure... which any sane judge should take into account in awarding you for the cost of the repair and replacement with the v2 version of the head, which is what the bikes ship with now.
I sent the service manager an email about it. and I sent ktm an email about their brand values and warranty. See how she goes!