2017+ Track Bike Exhaust

Bosco

Country flag
Looking for suggestions for a full or a 3/4 cat delete exhaust system for my 2017 RC track bike. Sounds like the stock exhaust will drag so this will need to get replaced sooner rather than later. I’ve searched on the forum and see that Tyga makes the only true full exhaust that’s an under-tail mount. I’ve used Tyga exhaust on my previous Ninja 250 track bike so I know they have a great product but are there other ones? Maybe other side mount ones that don’t drag or is that impossible on this bike. I really like the MIVV Ghibli but they don’t make one for 2017+. I like the Yoshimura R-77 and Akrapovic but sounds like both will drag. What are 2017+ track guys using?

SnotRkt

I just bought a Tyga header so that I could use the dual Yosh RS-9 undertail from the earlier bikes on my 18. I got a nice package deal from Gray Area KTM. Moral of the story is that the Tyga header will allow the use of all of the earlier undertail exhausts. Or hold on a little bit and Gray Area KTM might have a new full system that may just be very similar to the SuperSport 390...

Bosco

Country flag
I just bought a Tyga header so that I could use the dual Yosh RS-9 undertail from the earlier bikes on my 18. I got a nice package deal from Gray Area KTM. Moral of the story is that the Tyga header will allow the use of all of the earlier undertail exhausts. Or hold on a little bit and Gray Area KTM might have a new full system that may just be very similar to the SuperSport 390...

Ooh, just read the SuperSport thread. That looks awesome...I could definitely wait a bit. Well, maybe a long bit. Our local track got flooded as a result of the crazy weather so I doubt they'll be running track days for a while.

Bosco

Country flag
Anyone using Leo Vince GP One with the link pipe? That looks pretty slim...maybe it wouldn't drag?

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Dragging mostly depends on bike setup. Mine never drug but I had my bike lifted up pretty high and the 150 Q3 on it. I drug my belly pan and case cover but never the akra.

avs

Country flag
We dyno'd all the leo stuff and it all lost power. Nothing currently matches the 2015-2016 akra system at this time.

Could you clarify what you mean by "15-16 akra system", on my bike (15 cup) there is that expansion blob ahead of the silencer. is your experience with a midpipe or with the blob?