2018 RC Hot Start Gremlin. Disappearing Gear Indicator/Neutral Light. Linked ?

g-force

Country flag
I have a gremlin. Starts great when Cold. Instruments work fine; shows Neutral And Gear indicator.
Runs Great. Rapidbike ECU and Cat-delete with LOUD Delkovic can... What a blast.
Recently: Gear Indicator disappears with normal 'warm' running temps. Not HOT engine; as it runs fine.
When Warm; I shut it off... Nothing happens when I push the start button.No Neutral light or gear indicator.
So I wait 20-30 minutes; it cools and the Instruments become normal and it starts.
Coolant Level good. Oil too. Doubting 'mechanical' source'.
Shifter Sensor: ( part number 93811023000 = How Much ? $200.00 ...CDN ?? ) Located under Ignition Cover near sprocket. Going to Remove Ignition cover and clean contacts. New Ignition Cover Gasket is only $7. Gonna try the cheap method first: Hoping to lean bike to clutch side for ease of work; just did oil change so trying not to loose much oil.
Orange Blooded Mechanic ( Indonesian) and shows meter testing then cleaning contacts on the Sensor...
Is there some gremiin between the 'Shift Sensor' and the Neutral sensor or Clutch lock-out that keeps it from turning over ? It should start in any gear with the clutch pulled in. I have moved the side-stand while pushing Start button.
Or is this the Theromstat's gremlin ? What do the experts here think ?

Last edited:

g-force

Country flag
Updates ! Youtoob Lied -imagine that. The Sensor shown in the video is what I expected but all I got was a Black Box with a Semi-circular plastic spinner that a 1/2 shaped metal shaft fits into.
So I went to my 'local' KTM dealer and they said MID-August ! $230 BUCKS Cdn.
Then I found Motorcycle Parts From Europe’s Number 1 - MSP Motorcycle Parts From Europe’s Number 1 - MSP from the Netherlands...
I even msg'd them on Facebok; chatted with a guy in the UK. They were home and real... So today I sent them This"
" Holy Smokes you guys! Outstanding ! KTM Canada told me my motorcycle part would not even stock until Mid-August. From You; via DHL to UPS in Whistler. Today! FOUR DAYS = DELIVERED. wow! paul. ps: Hope Assen TT was good for you. What a sport ! "
Not only that the part was $172 including shipping !
cleardot.gif

Save Share