390 Billet Intakes

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
It can to degree DC, but with the top gone, it flexes up and provides less of a secure seal. I'm not saying you'll have trouble with it, and certainly there's nothing wrong with do it yourself projects. I'm just saying the billet is a more refined option, with a larger smoother entry radius as well.

Just a question regarding the intake open cover- as I am about to purchase the K& N filter but need more info on the cover plate.

I ride street + back country roads non racing

Would it be a bad move to use the billet intake when I ride in all weather (Rain) being the big question mark here! Wouldn't water be able to get into the top of the intake area in wet weather? Or would I be best just going with a K&N filter and use it with the standard airbox set up in my case?

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
We run this piece on both of our shop bikes, street usage, in all weather conditions, and have seen zero issues to date. That cover is pretty well protected on the 390.

msquared

So does using the cover mean that you remove the rear wheel facing snorkel?

Yes. You remove the stock cover (with the snorkel attached) and replace it with this cover. Once you get the bike stripped down enough to do this it takes minutes to install.