Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
415 Front Sprockets are rolling off the machining center constantly now. Stock for the rear sprockets should be here later this week and will have an array of offerings for rear sprocket sizes. Sprocket fitment is perfect! These front sprockets are made from hardened Chromoly 4140, and have cold formed roll threads (strongest threads you can make) as well.

sprockets.jpg

See the worksheet to compare existing gear ratio options to the available options I'll have in inventory:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T42Kjs53Xbad4d_krrIw5OPAEve9NntuLEwNRPkrnOY

Contact me directly to let me know if you want in on the delivery queue. Front sprocket price is $80.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Production continues on the front sprockets... I'm sending them out as quickly as I can get them made.
production.jpgproduction-2.jpgproduction-3.jpg

Material for the rear sprockets was delayed, but production on those will fire up as soon as I finish turning this big assed bar of 3.5" Chromoly Steel into sprockets. The saw takes 20 minutes to chew it's way through, but "luckily" enough, the cycle time on the first side takes longer than that so the "bottleneck" in the production process really is that TINY little bit of the spline at the end where it goes flat to fit onto the countershaft and I have to use an incredibly small 1.5mm endmill to get in there. Nothing like watching a 10HP spindle sit there and tickle the stock with a tiny tiny tool! "C'mon!!!! Go FASTER!!!!" LOL but, if I push it harder then the tool just breaks. So, that's the big bottleneck in production really. Just that one tool/operation is 1/3rd of the total cycle time! Anyway, I have the countershaft off the motor from Richard Lin's bike as my Go/No Go gauge (tho I also verified fitment on 9 other bikes with my testers) as well as a number of other critical dimension measurements which are checked once the Side A cycle finishes. Then it moves over to the other vise for the flip side B machining. This chromoly is ******* strong stuff!!!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Rear sprockets are flying off the machining center and shipments have started going out! I'm cranking 'em out just as quick as I can.

Rear sprockets are made from Aerospace Grade 7075T6 Aluminum. Weight is almost laughable they are so light!

Off_the_VMC.jpg
415-55.jpg
Testing.jpg

Stock Rear Sprocket weighs in at 2lbs 7.75oz: weight-520.jpg

The Formula390 415 Rear Sprocket... 11.125oz: weight-415.jpg

The stock 520 chain is also laughably heavy when compared to the 415 chain! Wanna see some seriously faster acceleration, then you'll want to switch over from 520 to 415!

neonmarine

Rear sprockets are flying off the machining center and shipments have started going out! I'm cranking 'em out just as quick as I can.

Rear sprockets are made from Aerospace Grade 7075T6 Aluminum. Weight is almost laughable they are so light!

View attachment 5030
View attachment 5031
View attachment 5032

Stock Rear Sprocket weighs in at 2lbs 7.75oz: View attachment 5033

The Formula390 415 Rear Sprocket... 11.125oz: View attachment 5034

The stock 520 chain is also laughably heavy when compared to the 415 chain! Wanna see some seriously faster acceleration, then you'll want to switch over from 520 to 415!

Got mine on order! Can't wait to get this stuff installed and on track!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
From the left to the right in "just" 53 minutes. 415 19T Front sprockets are what's running today. Tomorrow (or later today depending on how things go) I'm back on 415 Rears.

Hit the button... Get food pellet. Making 390 racers faster!

IMG_20190502_125931.jpg

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I don’t see the 415 sprockets on your site.

I'm still making them, but took them of the site temporarily. Shop (and ranch) got hit with a direct lightning strike on the 19th and, among the other things that got burned up, the control on my CNC also got smoked. $45k in damages all told, including the AC, hot tub, range top, TVs, media Center, server, printer, desk tops, freezer (full of meat), landscape lighting and irrigation, UV water filter, all the networking equipment, alarm on the building, Xbox, 40v Ryobi batteries, and even my sleep number bed! Fried EVERYTHING!!! So, to make sure I didn't get any rush orders for sprockets while the CNC is down for repairs (parts are ordered and just waiting for them to arrive so tech can come out and fix the machine) I took them off the site.

I'm hoping the CNC should be fixed by end of next week.

Luckily, my electric nipple clamps survived, so I at least still have SOMETHING to live for. ;)

Botts

Country flag
I'm still making them, but took them of the site temporarily. Shop (and ranch) got hit with a direct lightning strike on the 19th and, among the other things that got burned up, the control on my CNC also got smoked. $45k in damages all told, including the AC, hot tub, range top, TVs, media Center, server, printer, desk tops, freezer (full of meat), landscape lighting and irrigation, UV water filter, all the networking equipment, alarm on the building, Xbox, 40v Ryobi batteries, and even my sleep number bed! Fried EVERYTHING!!! So, to make sure I didn't get any rush orders for sprockets while the CNC is down for repairs (parts are ordered and just waiting for them to arrive so tech can come out and fix the machine) I took them off the site.

I'm hoping the CNC should be fixed by end of next week.

Luckily, my electric nipple clamps survived, so I at least still have SOMETHING to live for. ;)

Ouch. Lightning strikes are the worst. Especially when you go to use something weeks later and go, "Well crap, I didn't even realize that got toasted."

Hope you get back up and running shortly!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Equipment to get the CNC up and running again SHOULD be arriving next week.

Yep, tell me about it! Latest is I discovered the sub and surround sound speakers in the master bedroom got taken out. It's crazy with how much stuff got cooked. Doesn't really help much either that there doesn't seem to be any decent options for dead electronics recycling in my county. Not sure if I can take everything to the city of Austin disposal. For now, the pile of blown up bits in the garage continues to grow. I've managed to revive done with a replacement fuse or possibly a bridge rectifier. I've used my soldering and rework station more in that last few weeks than I had over the last decade! LOL