ABS bypass brake line - NOW AVAILABLE IN CUSTOM COLORS

simpletty

Country flag
Of course they come with new crush washers and black banjo bolts. Aluminum not copper.

I figured as much. It just didn't say that anywhere. Sometimes that is an extra cost. Thanks for clarifying. I'll be getting a set this winter as the abs is going away.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Is it possible to just replce the front lines and not mess with the rear and abs? Or does this sell as a kit

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Is it possible to just replce the front lines and not mess with the rear and abs? Or does this sell as a kit
It is only sold as a kit (both lines). You can install all or part of them. What are you after outcome wise?

Wa2fst

Country flag
For the track the back brake isnt ever used and i can turn off the abs. After reading the time consuming install figured all i need is the front lines. Unless some one has done a DIY To streamline the install.

streetfighter

The reason I am considering to remove the ABS unit is to save weight. Any aftermarket speed sensor substitute I can replace with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The reason I am considering to remove the ABS unit is to save weight. Any aftermarket speed sensor substitute I can replace with?

Sensor is not the issue, the line of communication is. Any ABS vehicle always get the wheel speed sensor input first, then it is relayed out from the ABS module. You have to keep ABS module inline to retain speedo function. Lots of guys have just installed line to get good feel at lever and left module connected electrically. On other bikes I've split the mechanical part of ABS module from the electrical side. Saves some weight and retains speedo portion. Have not tired on the 390 yet, never saw a need. Just remove it totally.

streetfighter

Sensor is not the issue, the line of communication is. Any ABS vehicle always get the wheel speed sensor input first, then it is relayed out from the ABS module. You have to keep ABS module inline to retain speedo function. Lots of guys have just installed line to get good feel at lever and left module connected electrically. On other bikes I've split the mechanical part of ABS module from the electrical side. Saves some weight and retains speedo portion. Have not tired on the 390 yet, never saw a need. Just remove it totally.

Thanks for the explanation, Chad. Will have a closer look at the ABS module tomorrow

antarius

If I'm seeing this correctly... I can swap both lines to a direct connection to the caliper, plug all four holes on the ABS module (and leave it in place and plugged in), and will retain speedo information. (This is a track bike so it's what I intend on doing, I don't mind leaving the module).

If you remove the module, what exactly do you lose? Just the speedometer, or odometer too?

I'm not sure if you lose the odometer, but the rest of your statement is correct. It becomes a standard set up, master to caliper, nothing else in the way. I just left the ABS module in it's spot, plugged it with 4 bolts and left it alone. I kept the speedo and tape it if I get too distracted.

antarius

I'm not sure if you lose the odometer, but the rest of your statement is correct. It becomes a standard set up, master to caliper, nothing else in the way. I just left the ABS module in it's spot, plugged it with 4 bolts and left it alone. I kept the speedo and tape it if I get too distracted.

That's what I'll do as well. Seems simply enough and won't cause any faults.

Thanks man.