JCARG

Hi, my name is John , im new in the forum. I have a RC 390 2017, When I start the bike, an error appears, says ABS Failure, Then disappears, appears only during power-up. I need to know if it's normal.image1.jpg

Thank you, best regards

CDN Duke

Country flag
Ah, I re-read. Not sure how many 2017s are here yet on the forum.

The 2016 will light the warning indicator on right and it goes out. I've not seen the ABS Failure message on my '16 Duke.

uberRC

Yeah, a warning like that is not normal and could be a concern. You should be checking in with your dealer, JC.

Rcdan

Unless I am misreading what you are trying to say. Your "problem" is normal operation. The ABS light goes out as soon as the bikes starts moving.

JCARG

Unless I am misreading what you are trying to say. Your "problem" is normal operation. The ABS light goes out as soon as the bikes starts moving.

The light goes out, when the motorcycle starts to move. Anyway, the warning only appears when the motorcycle is turned on. It's only a few seconds, then the warning disappears. And only the abs light is on, it turns off when turning.

Fasteddy

Country flag
The sticker on the combo instrument is an interesting clue, "Model Year 17" I would say different behavior due to newer software / hardware as part of ride by wire update, Does the 17 owners manual shed any light?

rompus

I would think its only a problem if it is always on, however my 2016 shows no such warning at startup.

Seth

Country flag
My 2015 has a yellow waring light that illuminates occasionally upon a cold start up .. After I put the bike in 1st it disappears. Most likely this is just a start up sequence. But the word Failure should be investigated by the dealer. Failure is not an option!

Aditya

Hi I have the same issue of abs failure they used to reset the abs errors during the warranty time. I have send multiple emails called up the customer service toll free for almost 6-7months they kept stating the higher team will get back to me which of day today being March 2018 is still the same no replies and no updates can't eve proved a resolution. Mine is a duke 2016 model. I faced the issue when I was around 18000kms into the bike. They asked me to change the modular which will hit me around 20k . Even thought the bike is under warranty . Bajaj has spoiled the ktm name and the service is very bad in indrangar and meckri circle too. Best service I ever got was from the bennargetta team. The sales guys are bad but the workshop team is really nice and will help. Very fast .

Aditya

Hi, I have the same issue of abs failure they used to reset the abs errors during the warranty time. I have send multiple emails called up the customer service toll free for almost 6-7months they kept stating the higher team will get back to me which of day today being March 2018 is still the same no replies and no updates can't eve proved a resolution. Mine is a duke 2016 model. I faced the issue when I was around 18000kms into the bike. They asked me to change the modular which will hit me around 20k . Even thought the bike is under warranty . Bajaj has spoiled the ktm name and the service is very bad in indrangar and meckri circle too. Best service I ever got was from the bennargetta team. The sales guys are bad but the workshop team is really nice and will help. Very fast .

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
A warning light is normal behavior on the bikes as you need to have the wheel move enough for the ABS to calibrate, but a warning MESSAGE is not something we've seen on the < 16 model years. This might be a 17+ behavior which is normal, but we'd need to get a dealer to chime in to say for sure if ALL 17+ 390's are doing this or not.

Yo Chad or Paxton, whatza word here?

My rc390 is a '17 and it just did the same thing tonight on my way home. Except it said "can abs failure" hence the reason why I'm on here. I've only put about 2,700 miles on it and I'm going to talk to the dealership first thing in the morning and if i remember I'll update you guys on what they say. But I'm mainly here to document what's going on so you guys have another record of '17 bikes that are doing this