Bazzaz map for akrapovic exhaust

DukeMaster

Hello,

I need help with tuning the fuel on my 390. I have mounted akrapovic exhaust (without cat and db killer) and installed bazzaz zfi but since I dont have a dyno anywhere near and the weather is really bad these days to go on a longer trip I need a map that will just give me approximate values. It doesnt even need to be for bazzaz, it can be for PCV but it needs to be made on top of stock map, not akra one. Everything else on the bike is stock except exhaust. I am currently using the modified RC390 Enhanced map that came with Bazzaz but It appears that its little too rich on some parts. If anyone has a similar setup like mine please send me a map so that I can take a look at it.

Thanks.

kcfcycle

You can get the Bazzaz Z-AFM and build your own map. It's supposed to be pretty easy. Bazzaz has a video up on how to do it.

They are like $250, but you could just build your maps and then sell the AFM for a small loss. Or hang on to it so you can build new maps as you do more mods or as the seasons change.

DukeMaster

Yea, I plan to order one. In the mean time I will just go to the dealer and flash an akra map and then clean everything up with Bazzaz + AFM. However I do not know does the akra map does anything for the ignition timing so if anyone knows anything about the KTM akra map please share it and is it really worth flashing if I am going to get Z-AFM.

green_bread

Country flag
I dont think the Akra map adjusts timing, at all, but Chad (cjwells) would know, for sure. I think it adjusts fueling and adds 250 RPM, is all, plus it allows you to remove the emissions shit without throwing a CEL.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Nope on timing, very little fueling adjustment, and kills evap solenoid. The PCV has all the features you need to really make it shine!

DukeMaster

Nope on timing, very little fueling adjustment, and kills evap solenoid. The PCV has all the features you need to really make it shine!

Thanks for the info.
I would buy the PCV if I havent buy Bazzaz Z-FI. So in your opinion its not worth to pay 120$ (the cost my dealer told me) just for akra map flash? Should I just buy the Z-AFM module since I plan to change the stock air filter to DNA one.

green_bread

Country flag
Thanks for the info.
I would buy the PCV if I havent buy Bazzaz Z-FI. So in your opinion its not worth to pay 120$ (the cost my dealer told me) just for akra map flash? Should I just buy the Z-AFM module since I plan to change the stock air filter to DNA one.

If your dealer is trying to charge you $120 to flash your ECU, find another dealer. That is OUTRAGEOUS! My dealer did it for free because its like a 2 minute job. Maybe they are charging the money to take the fairings off/put them back on... but even still, $120 for that is robbery. Call them up and see what they would charge if you just bought them the ECU and they didnt have to take it off of the bike for you, maybe?

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Thanks for the info.

$120 ? to flas akra map... Man I need to raise (double) my price :p. Up to you.

DukeMaster

If your dealer is trying to charge you $120 to flash your ECU, find another dealer. That is OUTRAGEOUS! My dealer did it for free because its like a 2 minute job. Maybe they are charging the money to take the fairings off/put them back on... but even still, $120 for that is robbery. Call them up and see what they would charge if you just bought them the ECU and they didnt have to take it off of the bike for you, maybe?

I would go the the other dealer but the other one is like 400 miles from me and I don't want to drive 800 or so miles just to flash akra map for a bit lower price. They tend to overcharge for everything and the job they do is not really the best. I try to minimize the contact with them but I still have like a year and a half of warranty left so I don't want to lose that and I think if I brought them the ECU myself they would cancel it and any further warranty claim would be void.

$120 ? to flas akra map... Man I need to raise (double) my price :p. Up to you.

Nah man. Your price is a fair price for the amount of time/effort required for it. Anyhow thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I would go the the other dealer but the other one is like 400 miles from me and I don't want to drive 800 or so miles just to flash akra map for a bit lower price. They tend to overcharge for everything and the job they do is not really the best. I try to minimize the contact with them but I still have like a year and a half of warranty left so I don't want to lose that and I think if I brought them the ECU myself they would cancel it and any further warranty claim would be void.

Nah man. Your price is a fair price for the amount of time/effort required for it. Anyhow thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Where are you located? If in the states, ship it to me I flash for 60 bucks...

rippedcb

They don't need to take any ferrings off to flash the map.. they just have to take the seat off and plug it in. Most dealers would charge for it though. Mine charged me half hr ($60) for a 5 min job. When i complained about the over price the tech told me that they have to "download/purchase" the map from KTM each time they flash it.. it's not something they can download once and save. Though i don't believe that.

I'd buy the auto tuner though.. perfect map every time.. worth it! find out the install price though.. apparently it needs to be welded into the header pipe.

Last edited:

DukeMaster

They don't need to take any ferrings off to flash the map.. they just have to take the seat off and plug it in. Most dealers would charge for it though. Mine charged me half hr ($60) for a 5 min job. When i complained about the over price the tech told me that they have to "download/purchase" the map from KTM each time they flash it.. it's not something they can download once and save. Though i don't believe that.

I'd buy the auto tuner though.. perfect map every time.. worth it! find out the install price though.. apparently it needs to be welded into the header pipe.

From my understanding it doesn't need to be welded. Just remove stock o2 sensor and screw the one your receive with AFM. The stock sensor is disconnected anyway when you install the fuel controller.