Blink Code?

OldVet

I've got 5 long and 3 short and it doesn't show in the manual. Anyone have any idea what this code means?

It goes in Tuesday for service so no biggie I'm sure they will figure it out, I was just curious.

rick

Yeah, I got nothing on 5 long - 3 short in any reference I can find. :(

You probably know this from the Owner's Manual but, for reference, here's all the listed codes that have 3-short blinks in 'em:
1 long 3 short - Intake air temperature sensor: input signal too low/high
2 long 3 short - Travel speed sensor - measurement range or power problem
3 long 3 short - Injector: circuit fault or input signal too low/high

MrGrody

I've got 5 long and 3 short and it doesn't show in the manual. Anyone have any idea what this code means?

It goes in Tuesday for service so no biggie I'm sure they will figure it out, I was just curious.
Couldn't find anything with that many long blinks. Sorry amigo

OldVet

I have the same error code after I removed the evap canister and installed the PCV. I believe it's because the evap canister is no longer plugged in.

See here for full info: http://www.rc390-forum.com/forum/engine-and-technical-discussion/182-charcoal-canister-3.html

Good information here, thanks.

OK you nailed it as my canister has been removed. Funny think is it didn't show the code for many thousand of miles, I hit 10K yesterday.

My buddy's bike has the canister removed like mine and so far his hasn't shown the any codes blinking.

It goes in tomorrow for a valve check so I'll let the them sort it out.

Thanks again for the info guys...

Fasteddy

Country flag
You need to install a 15 ohm resister across the plug pins

You might want to consider pull in current vs holding current for a given solenoid's impedance before using the static resistance to load the driver circuit form the ECU, thus the reason for a 22K ohm resistor.

captninja

Country flag
You might want to consider pull in current vs holding current for a given solenoid's impedance before using the static resistance to load the driver circuit form the ECU, thus the reason for a 22K ohm resistor.
Been there done that, does not work. 15 ohms eliminates the code.

captninja

Country flag
Very interesting, I will pull the fairing off of mine this weekend and check by substituting a potentiometer in place to see where it trips...
Not really sure what you were trying to say, I'm just an (old) old time mechanic. Tried the 22k resister, did not work. I think the resistance is so high that the circuit is still open, or the ecu thinks it is. Wasted $1.50 at RadioShack. Measured the resistance of the solenoid at 15 ohms. Back to RadioShack and another $1,50. That resister worked. The first one I put in burned out eventually. I had used electrical tape to help hold it in and I guess it needed some air flow to keep it cool. Second one is working so far (no tape this time). Still have three more left, but not really worried about the light anyway. The code only flashes in neutral and goes out when in gear. I was thinking of not doing anything, but every time I put the bike in neutral on of my buddies would tap my shoulder and point to the light. Good to have friends.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Just have the Akra map flashed in at the dealer, it doesn't look for it anymore.

Leumasxx

Country flag

I have the same problem on my rc200 can you fix it now? If yes, please tell me how to fix it..