HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Brembo RCS15 Brake Master Cylinder gives you the best of both worlds.

Brembo has designed the RCS15 Brake Master Cylinder for the rider who requires more brake performance and variation in brake lever feel when compared to a stock master cylinder.

The Brembo RCS15 Brake Master Cylinder gives you the option
to choose between (2) ratios:
15x20 & 15x18 with just the turn of a screw.

Included in the kit is a Microswitch for the Brake.

Two springs have been installed to ensure constant contact between the lever and the pushrod to ensure a longer lifespan.

For more information, just click on the link below.

>> Brembo RCS Brake Master Cylinder <<

14%20GROmBremboRCS15folding%20lever.jpg

Last edited:

mcycle1

This master along with the Brembo pads was one of the best upgrades I did to my RC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mcycle1

How is the options for shorty levers on this setup?

The lever that comes with it is fairly short. It's not the best photo but you can see the lever is about 3/4 of the length of the grip and end weight.
5c8de6ae2fcc1ea86e0098d95b9236c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy

Country flag
The lever that comes with it is fairly short. It's not the best photo but you can see the lever is about 3/4 of the length of the grip and end weight.
5c8de6ae2fcc1ea86e0098d95b9236c6.jpg

For using two fingers? Either that or it's not meant to fit alongside bulky switchgear?

mcycle1

For using two fingers? Either that or it's not meant to fit alongside bulky switchgear?

I two finger brake, the cables are actually below the levers line of travel and the pressure from this master does not let the lever sink to the bar the way the stock one does. A RC8 switch or similar would give you more mounting options. All
in all the stock master is not adequate for performance and track riding, probably not good for street either.

bkruk

I went with the Brembo and mostly street ride with the occasional track day coming up........can you really put a price on your safety?

mcycle1

Can you run the RCS 15 with the ABS or do you need to bypass it?

I am running the ABS and stock lines. It works great. It's not the ABS causing mushy brakes it's the cheap scooter master. The master and pads are a must on this bike. If the stock line seems short remove the right fairing and you will see a clamp holding the lines to the frame. Loosen the bolt and lightly pull the slack in the line on the abs pump side towards the front and re-tighten the bolt on the clamp.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I am running the ABS and stock lines. It works great. It's not the ABS causing mushy brakes it's the cheap scooter master. The master and pads are a must on this bike. .........

LOL... that's a nice term. Scooter Master. ;-)

Yea, you probably could find this cheap stock MC, on a scooter somewhere.

mcycle1

LOL... that's a nice term. Scooter Master. ;-)

Yea, you probably could find this cheap stock MC, on a scooter somewhere.

I like the sticker on the stock master. It says "OK" its just OK. That about describes it. It really looks like something off a Kymco scooter.
2cfb0ab546399f6744bacef662b6f33a.jpg

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I like the sticker on the stock master. It says "OK" its just OK. That about describes it. It really looks like something off a Kymco scooter.
2cfb0ab546399f6744bacef662b6f33a.jpg

Should more clearly say.. "Just barely OK"

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Does it fit well with the 2018 RC 390? The ride by wire has a little less room on the grips. have you checked it on a 2018? I'm looking to upgrade...

Unfortunately, have not personally had a chance to test fit the 2018 yet.

But, we have sold a few to 2018-2019 Owners, and no one has called or emailed saying they had an issue.

A0AM

Country flag

Unfortunately, have not personally had a chance to test fit the 2018 yet.

But, we have sold a few to 2018-2019 Owners, and no one has called or emailed saying they had an issue.

I just ordered it. I trust if there is a fitment issue - you'll work with me on it:).

todayis1984

"The Brembo 15RCS Master Cylinder is ideal for single caliper braking systems such as those found on supermotos and 250-500cc sportbikes. It features a radial configuration that yields a dramatic increase in stopping power and brake feel over the stock axial master cylinders.

The Brembo RCS Brake Master Cylinder allows the rider to choose between more power or more precision to best complement their riding style, track/street conditions and other brake components. The unique design of the RCS system offers the flexibility to change the brake lever ratio at the turn of a screw. The 20mm setting provides a more reactive braking response and the 18mm setting allows for better feel and modulation. Additionally, the Brembo lever features an adjustable thumb screw that can be customized to fit a range of riders’ hands. In the event of a crash the outer portion of the lever folds up and away to avoid damage. The patented master cylinder is constructed of forged aluminum and then CNC machined down to remove any excess weight. All of its components, including the piston, seals and pushrod, are the same as those used in MotoGP and WSBK."

I love this master cylinder, my 2015 came with the previous owner already fitting it even though my bike only had 800 miles, not until I test rode my cousin bone stock 2016 when he was about to purchase did I realize just how amazing MY brakes were, his were spongy yet just grabbed out of no where, it felt gross and dangerous, every since I've respected mine allot more and I'm super guilty of constantly messing with the set screw changing it between 20mm and 18mm while out on rides depending on what I'm doing or the weather and or traction, when traction is good I like it on 20mm where it seams to bite crisp, and then when its colder out or damp or I'm riding faster or unsure of road conditions I turn it to 18mm where it seems to have a ton of feel and it seems more forgiving as it gives me better feed back, I still dont have the 320mm rotor but once I do I'm gonna get a few brands of pads and experiment back to back with that and see what I like, right now it has the Brembo pads on just the 300mm rotor, I can't imagine the brakes getting even better on this little bike I already have so much control, when I come in hot I feel like I can choose just how many inches off the ground I decide to hover my back tire, I never feel like I'm at risk of anything, there is already so much control, love it !

Attachments

• 20190814_130116.jpg
    20190814_130116.jpg
    643.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited: