Buying used KTM 390

Duker

Hey everyone,i have made up my mind and decided to buy a RC 390. Now i made a lot of research on it before looking into posting. But i figured the best info i can get are some hands on experience from my fellow north american's. Firstly i wanted to know general tips on things to look out SPECIFIC for the RC 390. And trick's to go about it. So really any kind of help and tips are appreciated

zaster

Country flag
The best advice would hinge on whether you will ride it on the street, track or both.
IMO, the suspension and the front brakes are the highest priority when it comes to upgrading regardless of use.

tt2013

I ride the track and the stock suspension and brake didn't cut it. I had to swap them out. For the street, the stock setup was ok, but then again, I don't push it on the street.

Duker

I'm looking for street only. But it's the fact that its the first time buying a USED bike. So im just a bit worried on missing something on the maintenance and eventually leading to something worst. The seller feels very easy going and not the type to baby the bike. Literally the her ad was " like new ktm 390 rc, asking 6k" (6000 km)" That's it. no additional info. That's why i was asking tips on what i should check on it once i go see it. Like i said, i did google, so i know what to do generally. Thanks for the replies guys !

Metals 907

Just make sure the service checks have been performed. Records would be preferable. Lol in the nooks and crannies. How clean is it? At 6k miles you should expect some grime. Look for any leaks ( fork seals too), look for signs of damage from being dropped.