Can’t rev past 6000rpms

Shady1994

Country flag
Hey Everyone,
I have a 2019 RC 390 and I just ran into a problem with it, hoping someone on here can give me a good advice on how to navigate it because dealerships are not really an option. So the bike was running fine except I have a slow gas leak that occurs when my tank is full, I decided to take my left fairing off and find out where the leak is coming from. I kinda have up on looking for it and put my fairing back on, then when I went to ride the bike I realized I couldn’t rev higher than 6000rpms when in gear. I took both fairings off and removed my gas tank and could not find any noticeable issues with wires, hoses, fuel filter, or any other mechanical problems. Put the bike back together, tried the 15min idle reset and still have the issue. When the bike is in neutral I can redline it, when I have the clutch pulled in I can redline it, but when the bike is actually in gear and moving I can not rev higher then 6000rpms. Has anyone else had something like this occur? This bike is actually my daily driver and I love it more then anything, I want to get this solved ASAP. Every dealership I have spoken with told me that they won’t look at my bike for at least 3 weeks.

KTMasean

Country flag
Whatever the problem might be or if this can be solved by the re-set procedure, the second-Gen Dukes/RCs have a different time frame, shorter than 15 minutes.

Shady1994

Country flag
Whatever the problem might be or if this can be solved by the re-set procedure, the second-Gen Dukes/RCs have a different time frame, shorter than 15 minutes.
So what is the re-set procedure for the second generation RCs? The one that I have tried so far I did for 15 minutes holding the bike centered in idle. If mine has a shorter time frame then that probably means the re-set procedure didn’t work if I held it in idle for longer then it was supposed to be right? The instructions I followed said that the bike can’t be in idle for over a minute longer then 15.

KTMasean

Country flag