Cheap rearsets

Snapcase716

Country flag
Wondering if anyone has tried the cheapo eBay or Amazon rearsets? So far spent a bunch on legit food parts but trying to pinch where possible, lmk if they r junk or ok??! Lol thx!

Xtremsiege2

Country flag
Some people swear by only "quality" parts and that it would open up a worm hole where you can't replace them when pegs break or parts need to be changed, however i think there are so many on the market its okay to go cheap where you can. I installed the Chinese black and orange rearsets and they fit perfect, literally like oem and love the look. It was quite a bitch to put on removing the rear axle nut, so much chain grease but its worth it at the end of the day. This was my budget little B bike build so I don't want to invest in $400 rearsets or $500 slip on...The rearsets will actually help the handling on the track. Best thing you can do for this bike is adding quality rubber and then suspension.

Wondering if anyone has tried the cheapo eBay or Amazon rearsets? So far spent a bunch on legit food parts but trying to pinch where possible, lmk if they r junk or ok??! Lol thx!
Also i'd work on lowering your food costs from Whole foods to shop rite.

Attachments

• PXL_20230110_205436525.jpg
    PXL_20230110_205436525.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
They fit and are ok. The big problem is there's no spare parts. So, when you drop it, you'll have to buy an entire additional set. I stock all of the Tyga rearsets, as well as the spares for them. I've lost count of how many guys bought the cheap rearsets, and then ended up buying the Tyga resets because they needed parts for the Chinese ones, and couldn't find them anywhere. It's sorta three penny wise, pound foolish argument. http://formula390.com/parts.pl?D=rearsets

Anyway, you can run them, and lots of riders do. It'll work well enough until you need a part for them.

Snapcase716

Country flag
Yea so the guy I got it from brought over the title the other day and a gift! Some cheapo rearsets ! But they are brand new,, so I see about not finding pegs if one breaks,! Not to mention they are kind of a bitch to install so even bringing the stockers to the track for a swap will put me out a couple sessions ,,, thx man,,

Snapcase716

Country flag
I haven’t looked in the threads yet but does anyone know if the 202or maybe they are the 23 wheels will fit the ol 2015? Found a really small crack in my front.. and while I was researching I came across an article saying the new wheels are a lot lighter and I know won’t cost me 2k like the beautiful race wheels from OZ or Marchesini,, somehow I feel like not worthy yet of putting something like that on my bike lol!

Xtremsiege2

Country flag
Yea so the guy I got it from brought over the title the other day and a gift! Some cheapo rearsets ! But they are brand new,, so I see about not finding pegs if one breaks,! Not to mention they are kind of a bitch to install so even bringing the stockers to the track for a swap will put me out a couple sessions ,,, thx man,,
Yeah its a little difficult to install. But the stock rearsets suck, even the chinese ones feel much better. I would put those on and find some extra pegs to keep as spares and leave under the seat or bring with your track gear everytime.

IDK about the wheels. I'm sure it can be done.