Clutch Not Engaging

motoman998

Country flag
bought new clutch disks and installed them. When put all back together, the clutch will not engage. I looked on OEM parts diagrams and cant seem to find any parts that I'm missing or things that are where they shouldnt be. I think where my problem lies, is the little "dropper" (part #16 in the OEM diagram attached), it has some play. It can move in and out. The rod that pulls on it (in the side cover) seems like it catches it, but doesn't actuate the clutch, it feels like your pulling a 50 pound weight on the lever and doesn't move.

I cant find a 2016 clutch diagram, but the attached is a 2015, there isnt one for 2017 or 18, but the 19 is the same as 2015 so I can't imagine 16 is any different. I believe the order of how it is pictured with parts #12-16 being out of order. the bearing looks like it fits snugly as it should in the pressure plate (part #9), and the nut (part #15) torques down on the basket. The dropper (part #16) goes under the pressure plate, but is pictured as the last part. All of that to say, I have all pieces that are pictured.

I have the last, larger clutch plate rotated one notch relative to the rest with the last silver plate (non friction disk) on the outside of the pressure plate.

Any help with guidance is greatly appreciated. I'll link pictures on the 21st of it taken apart and together, I'm just out of town from where the bike is. These bikes are amazing, but I've taken this apart and put it back together 18 times by now and its more frustrating than anything as I've checked everything many times and can't find anything that sticks out as missing or out of place.
OEM.PNG