Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Screenshot (19).jpg
Open box is the bold line closed box is the thin line. Both are tuned to the exact same AFR. Definitely a different result then expected.

mattv

Country flag
Too blurry to see. Can you give us a breakdown of the numbers?

Also, did both runs use the bigger injector or just the open box?

Last question =): I just ordered an AFR gauge because I don't have access to a dyno to tune on. Any idea what AFR I should target?

Last edited:

mattv

Country flag
Ok, so now we need an airbox lid that closes itself and an injector that decreases in size as RPMs increase. Problem solved.

Chuditch

Very interesting, I was expecting higher peak hp and torque with the open box and larger injector, however, that is a sizeable increase in the mid-range. Closed box with standard injector is more linear at the top end.

mdabyo

Country flag
so to be clear, both of these tunes have:
- New Runner
- Bigger Injector
- Aftermarket exhaust
- new Tyga header.
- PCV
- only difference is open or close airbox right?
anything else relevant i am missing?

Also, did you tune it before you put on the injector and runner? Curious what the impact of those was.

simpletty

Country flag
- New Runner
- Bigger Injector
- Aftermarket exhaust
- new Tyga header.
- PCV

Also, did you tune it before you put on the injector and runner? Curious what the impact of those was.

closed air box stock injector-

open air box larger injector

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Both of the tunes are on the same bike, same day with; New runner, new injector, Akra "open", Tyga header, PCV, and HC gaskets. I attached a comparison of open box vs closed box vs the bike before the runner with everything the same except it had a closed box stock injector. My dyno reads criminally low compared to others with these small bikes. 37.5hp post and 32 hp pre.
https://ibb.co/gg1pFp
- New Runner
- Bigger Injector
- Aftermarket exhaust
- new Tyga header.
- PCV

mattv

Country flag
Oh, I completely misinterpreted the chart. UPS says the runner should be delivered Friday. I'm excited! :D

simpletty

Country flag
So the results are in. With the tyga header, open air box, bigger injector and custom intake runner we are at 42 rwhp. Thats up 3.5 from the first dyno run I had back in july, this is the same dyno btw. Orignal dyno testing was done with the stock ktm header, open air box, tyga dual exhaust and cj wells tune. Looks like this is a real winner!!! I will post the graph once I pick up the bike from the dyno shop. Big thanks to Paxton and gray area racing for getting this together, great ss build for a reasonable price.

simpletty

Country flag
19D7B35D-9B65-46DD-BFA1-A1474B8DBBE3.jpg

There still is a bit more to be gained here. But overall a net gain of 3.5 hp and almost 8ft/lb of torque makes this a pretty exceptional gain for the money spent. I’m also at 2120 feet elevation so those of you closer to sea level will see even more im sure.

simpletty

Country flag
Test day at the track today, bike pulls harder than it ever had before. Clean and strong from the bottom all the way through, zero hiccups and I have to say today was without a doubt the fastest that I had ever ran on this bike. This is by far the best bang for your buck and if you dont have this mod, you need it. The R3 that was pulling me on the straights last race round is now having a difficult time keeping up. For those of you who want to know--open air box w/k&n filter, tyga header and tyga exhaust, larger injector, modified intake runner, extended rpm on the PCV. I found in about 15 laps the tank goes from full to empty now as well, minor trade off for the gain in power. At standing idle in nuetral it doesnt like the throttle wicked open and shut quick as well, tends to stall out and becomes a bit cranky to start up, before the mods and running the open air box tune prior it did the same thing as well now that I recall. I have added launch control to my PCV and did several practice starts and it hammers off the line very well indeed. Thats all I can really think of, other than order your parts now and enjoy the power.

Last edited:

mattv

Country flag
Glad to hear you're putting that R3 in it's place ;)

I installed the in-house built runner and bigger injector this weekend. I have a powertronic ecu and tried my best to translate the power commander map over to the powertronic, but didn't get good results.

I might tinker with it some more, but will probably go back to the stock injector with a closed lid. I didn't think about the increased fuel consumption before-hand. My bike is ridden on the street and the fuel tank is already too small.

If that wasn't the case, I'd probably spend the time/money to get it tuned for the bigger injector (assuming I could find somebody willing to work with the powertronic!)

Is the larger injector needed to dump more fuel in the mid rev range as thats where my PCV with WB2 asks for it with the lid off? . My bike with lid off and tyga twin pipes, doesnt ask for hardly any extra fuel at max revs. Is there another reason for the larger injector, ie spray pattern etc or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Is the larger injector needed to dump more fuel in the mid rev range as thats where my PCV with WB2 it asks for it with the lid off? . My bike with lid off and tyga twin pipes, doesnt ask for hardly any extra fuel at max revs. Is there another reason for the larger injector, ie spray pattern etc or am I missing something?
Its needed in the mid and on top. With the increased rev limit to 11250 the duty cycle of the injector is no longer sufficent to provide the motor adequate fueling from about 6500 RPM and up.

Its needed in the mid and on top. With the increased rev limit to 11250 the duty cycle of the injector is no longer sufficent to provide the motor adequate fueling from about 6500 RPM and up.

Ahh 11250......Im set at 10750. Im running the standard valve train and not game to go any higher

CDN Duke

Country flag
With the Akra base map and PCV on a '16 Duke, is there a significant benefit adding the runner? Will it fit?

simpletty

Country flag
Glad to hear you're putting that R3 in it's place ;)

I installed the in-house built runner and bigger injector this weekend. I have a powertronic ecu and tried my best to translate the power commander map over to the powertronic, but didn't get good results.

I might tinker with it some more, but will probably go back to the stock injector with a closed lid. I didn't think about the increased fuel consumption before-hand. My bike is ridden on the street and the fuel tank is already too small.

If that wasn't the case, I'd probably spend the time/money to get it tuned for the bigger injector (assuming I could find somebody willing to work with the powertronic!)

Remember that my bike is race only so obviously its always on the throttle limit for as long as possible. Im sure for general street riding there wont be a great deal of difference in fuel consumption