John390

subscribing.

Will have Rapidbike Evo soon, and OBD2 reader with Bluetooth adapter.

I don't want to get a bigger injector, but I'd like to eliminate bottlenecks where I can. I also don't want it to be too loud and obnoxious.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
subscribing.

Will have Rapidbike Evo soon, and OBD2 reader with Bluetooth adapter.

I don't want to get a bigger injector, but I'd like to eliminate bottlenecks where I can. I also don't want it to be too loud and obnoxious.
The bigger injector is not needed if you retain the stock airbox lid.

John390

if one already has a new '18 RC390, can one just get the Cup bike pipe?

I am really interested in that especially after that dyno post.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
if one already has a new '18 RC390, can one just get the Cup bike pipe?

I am really interested in that especially after that dyno post.
You can only run the akra systems on the old generation header. So either get a stock 2015 rc 390 header or buy the Tyga one in order to fit the Akrapovic "open" system

John390

no, sorry, I mean the intake pipe, as per this thread :) but I did ask that exhaust question in the other thread so thanks!

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
no, sorry, I mean the intake pipe, as per this thread :) but I did ask that exhaust question in the other thread so thanks!
Gotcha, no the intake runner is either out of an RC390R or you buy one of my custom jobbers. Standard production RC390's do not have the correct one.

Tom

Finished the install of the airbox and injector. The work you did on the runner looks amazing, I had to double check with my factory unit to even be able to identify the differences. I'm pretty sure you could easily sneak through a race season with no one being the wiser.

The injector appears to be a good fit. The oversized O-ring on the bottom of the injector appears to work very well. I used a bit of fuel as lubricant on the inside to the injector port to seat the injector without binding the o-ring. After switching the key on and allowing the fuel-pump to prime, I had zero leaks and didnt need to play with the orientation of the injector. You can tell Gray Area really did their homework on this, as I have installed injectors on several vehicles and it's rare that you dont need to fiddle with them for a good seal to the intake manifold.

The extended pigtail on the injector is actually a godsend. The power commander's connector was pretty stretched out when it was installed on the OEM injector. The added length with the pigtail allows you to do a better job of cable management when zip tying everything nice an tidey.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Sales have slowed down. Either everyone already has one or your competitors swapped over and will leave you in the dust next year!

CDN Duke

Country flag
Happy I got my airbox order in [emoji23]

Folks might want to consider a waiting list to guarantee availability come Feb?

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I dropped the price of the KTM supplied tube to convert your OEM box over to $169.95 to match the custom airbox pricing. This makes it a perfect alternative for the time being.
RC 390 R Air Tube

mdabyo

Country flag
I have been looking to order this for a while now. What would the difference be from getting the runner vs custom airbox, did you do much more to the box that would make it better? would just the R runner preform as well as your modified airbox?

Looking to get this and the injector sooner over later

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Exact same thing, but mine WAS just cheaper and came with the airbox. With the price change I just made, no difference.
I have been looking to order this for a while now. What would the difference be from getting the runner vs custom airbox, did you do much more to the box that would make it better? would just the R runner preform as well as your modified airbox?

Looking to get this and the injector sooner over later