CDN Duke

Country flag
Dyno booked for Feb 15th!
I encountered a delay when pulling bike out of storage. Water pump cover gasket had failed, had a puddle on the floor...

Got that sorted and finally made it to the dyno yesterday.

We did a baseline run with the bike as it was. The "before" was Competition Werkes shorty exhaust, TYGA Performance header, open lid airbox with inverted K&N filter, and Chad Wells tune. My local tuner was impressed with the base map. That yielded 42.0/42.6 corrected.

For the "after", we swapped out the airbox with the modified intake runner and the injector. Ended up with 47.3/48.0 corrected!

There is a drop in max torque and power down low, not sure if I can tune that out later... We ran out of time basically at the end.

It'll be a few weeks before I can ride the bike as we've still got a ton of snow and ice here... Can't wait.

a65ee49db1f0033acb81a9f665c0546f.jpg
d0b913f364e56c728aa281be427f6595.jpg
3435d7249379aa44425afe37ea5d51ef.jpg
70ab8d2f023317c0803e4154d0792336.jpg
8a82af81b1cfd2d68fa63d9df9578c6d.jpg

Tom

Congrats on the numbers!!! Your Duke probably feels like a monster now! I still haven't had a chance to get a tune on mine, I've just been running Chad's timing map with autotune fuel maps.

CDN Duke

Country flag
Congrats on the numbers!!! Your Duke probably feels like a monster now! I still haven't had a chance to get a tune on mine, I've just been running Chad's timing map with autotune fuel maps.

I was impressed, wasn't sure how good the results would be. Unfortunately won't be able to ride for awhile still, snowing today again...

ia02

Country flag
I just ordered my intake runner. Is anyone using the gray area intake with the WB2 + PCV set up? I’m wondering how the WB2 will handle the larger injector? Or should I just stay closed lid with the stock injector?

Does anyone know what is the duty cycle of the stock injector with the closed lid?

I assume most of the tuning was done on a first generation bike with a PCV and the O2 optimizer. Because the PCV made food the 2017 bikes lack the O2 optimizer the WB2 seems to be the best setup to control/spoof the closed loop fueling, but I am curious if anyone has any thoughts on how that setup interacts with the gray area runner and open vs closed lid scenarios.

Lastly, what rev limit is best for the PCV with this setup?

Thanks!

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Set RPM limit to 10800 at a minimum, we suggest 11250.
Forum member Tom, I believe is running your exact setup with good results.
Duty cycle of the stock injector with lid and 11250 RPM limit is 97-100% depending on a few factors.
I just ordered my intake runner. Is anyone using the gray area intake with the WB2 + PCV set up? I’m wondering how the WB2 will handle the larger injector? Or should I just stay closed lid with the stock injector?

Does anyone know what is the duty cycle of the stock injector with the closed lid?

I assume most of the tuning was done on a first generation bike with a PCV and the O2 optimizer. Because the PCV made food the 2017 bikes lack the O2 optimizer the WB2 seems to be the best setup to control/spoof the closed loop fueling, but I am curious if anyone has any thoughts on how that setup interacts with the gray area runner and open vs closed lid scenarios.

Lastly, what rev limit is best for the PCV with this setup?

Thanks!

ia02

Country flag
Has the upgraded injector and the lid been used together successfully? 97-100% seems like a very high duty cycle.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Has the upgraded injector and the lid been used together successfully? 97-100% seems like a very high duty cycle.
Not to my knowledge yet. Its extremely high thats why there is an option for a bigger one, it is 100% necessary if you open even a fragment of the lid.

ia02

Country flag
Right on. May have to experiment a bit. It seems like even with the lid the injector would be a good thing.

Everyone having good luck with a bone stock engine and an 11250 rpm limit? Or are people upgrading valve springs, etc?

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Right on. May have to experiment a bit. It seems like even with the lid the injector would be a good thing.

Everyone having good luck with a bone stock engine and an 11250 rpm limit? Or are people upgrading valve springs, etc?
Nope no upgrade needed. Runs good and reliable.

Tom

Hello ia02,
I'm using the larger injector with auto tune. Just default all the columns to -10 and the auto tune will correct to your selected AFR within an hour riding. The only thing that took a little patience was the idle. All of the 0% throttle colums should be set to at least +10 to compensate for the added dwell time for on/off throttle, but the 3 idle cells had to be set to something like -18 | -20 | -18 . I can take a snap shot of the table when I get home. I know there is still power to be gained with a dyno tune, but i've been too busy with work to schedule anything.

Also, if you are not running one of Chad's maps, I would reach out to him and see if there's anything he can do to provide you with a solid timing map. Otherwise, the bike will feel sluggish with just auto-tune tables.

Send and email, and I can provide you with my fuel maps for 93 octane on both stock exhaust/open lid/larger injector, and full exhaust/open lid/ larger injector. These would be a good starting point for your auto-tune to adjust for your elevation and air temps, but I have to zero out all timing cells out of respect for Chad.

John390

is anyone working on Rapidbike Evo maps who is willing to share?

I'd like to get the intake runner and injector, but I don't want to deal with having to figure it all out myself. I just want to ride.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I have quite a few I can send you. Plus Rapidbike is an autotune device so it would be able to sort it out otherwise.
is anyone working on Rapidbike Evo maps who is willing to share?

I'd like to get the intake runner and injector, but I don't want to deal with having to figure it all out myself. I just want to ride.

John390

that would be amazing!

I have stock header, but full exhaust back from there, no cat, no "tea kettle" and a free flowing muffler.

I have an open stock airbox upper.

I run 91 octane fuel.

I will be getting the full intake runner and injector later.

KTM has finally released their HOMOLOGATED intake runner for the RC390! This little monster will typically net you a 20% gain in top end horsepower, right where you want it for race use! These modifications were all done with a closed air box lid. If running an open lid and performance exhaust system you will need an oversized injector, this thing turns the RC into a monster! If you do not have any rules to follow we offer the ones we make in house at a significant discount and you will get a whole airbox assembled and ready to install. All versions come with a map and instructions.
View attachment 4907
View attachment 4908
Homologated version:RC 390 R Air Tube
Non Homologated: RC 390 Intake Runner

I modified my snorkel to the same dimensions as the race model and am running an open lid with PCV and WB2 autotune
Im noticing a slight miss around 8500-9000rpm at full throttle.
Would this be caused by the standard injector. There is more room in the PCV tables for me to add more fuel or is it that the standard injector cant physically deliver the higher amounts?. Is that the RPM range thats effected by the standard injector or do you think this miss an electrical issue?
Cheers

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I modified my snorkel to the same dimensions as the race model and am running an open lid with PCV and WB2 autotune
Im noticing a slight miss around 8500-9000rpm at full throttle.
Would this be caused by the standard injector. There is more room in the PCV tables for me to add more fuel or is it that the standard injector cant physically deliver the higher amounts?. Is that the RPM range thats effected by the standard injector or do you think this miss an electrical issue?
Cheers
It could be a lot of things but with that combination you will certainly be way short on fuel especially when it gets to the higher RPMs. So that would be a good start.

Valdo243

How much and where can i order. I just bought new to me rc390 with 7k miles.. New to bikes so waht exaclty does this mod do???

John390

yes if you have an open airbox and full exhaust, and you have the modified or race intake runner, the stock injector won't be able to keep up.

CDN Duke

Country flag
Different day, different dyno. Local motorcycle shop 613 Motorsports had a 10 Year Anniversary Party complete with onsite dyno. 3 pulls for $60 with proceeds to local charity. Highest and lowest HP competition. They had a 400cc and lower class so entered the Duke. When I arrived, highest HP was 2017 RC390 with Rapidbike Evo and Yoshimura exhaust -> 42.xx HP. I was closer to end of day and ended up with 45.42HP for highest in category. Lowest 400cc bike was vintage Honda CB400 at 28hp.

I had scaled back rev limit to 10500 after tuning was complete. I think I will put back to 11000 as it seems to get to 10500 very quickly with no signs of power dropping off...

Scan 40.jpeg