Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
KTM has finally released their HOMOLOGATED intake runner for the RC390! This little monster will typically net you a 20% gain in top end horsepower, right where you want it for race use! These modifications were all done with a closed air box lid. If running an open lid and performance exhaust system you will need an oversized injector, this thing turns the RC into a monster! If you do not have any rules to follow we offer the ones we make in house at a significant discount and you will get a whole airbox assembled and ready to install. All versions come with a map and instructions.
0807181547a_HDR.jpg
0807181523_HDR.jpg
Homologated version:RC 390 R Air Tube
Non Homologated: RC 390 Intake Runner

mattv

Country flag
Order placed.

I have a powertronic ecu and little-to-no experience tuning, so this should be interesting :)

Niiiice!!
So is the closed airbox with the standard lid? and
with or without snorkel?

Do you sell the oversized injectors?

Last edited:

simpletty

Country flag
Going to the tuner next week for opem air box tuning. Looking forward to seeing the numbers with the bigger injector, header, and open lid. My base at the rear wheel with the bashed ktm header and open box was 38.5 at the rear wheel. Hope to see over 40

mdabyo

Country flag
Probably going to order the injector, but will either of these give me any value since i run the open airbox lid?

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Niiiice!!
So is the closed airbox with the standard lid? and
with or without snorkel?

Do you sell the oversized injectors?
The box I make is an OEM 2018 box with a new runner installed. So it can run whatever lid configuration you currently have. If you run an open box with an exhaust, you will need an injector. I have them listed as an option with the airbox or separately as well.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Probably going to order the injector, but will either of these give me any value since i run the open airbox lid?
Absolutely, our testing showed a 20% increase with the lid ON, so you should see more of a front end gain then we do. Injector will be necessary.

m3hl

Country flag
Absolutely, our testing showed a 20% increase with the lid ON, so you should see more of a front end gain then we do. Injector will be necessary.

I kept all my old parts but i still dont have my airbox lid since your recommendation was to put it back on. I still have the snorkel. No clue where it went. How much is the lid?

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I kept all my old parts but i still dont have my airbox lid since your recommendation was to put it back on. I still have the snorkel. No clue where it went. How much is the lid?
Lids retail at $13.09, snorkel not required.

mattv

Country flag
To clarify (correct me if I'm wrong Superpacman13), the lid is only needed if you need to follow some race rules. If you don't, you may have better gains without the lid, but should also use a bigger injector.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
To clarify (correct me if I'm wrong Superpacman13), the lid is only needed if you need to follow some race rules. If you don't, you may have better gains without the lid, but should also use a bigger injector.
Basically. If you have an exhaust system and plan on using the new intake runner you have to use the lid. If you don't want to use the lid which will net you more gains, you have to oversize the injector.

mdabyo

Country flag
Still confused here. So should i get both the box and runner or just a runner since i run the open airbox? I know i need a injector no matter what.

Also. why is just the runner $229? when the airbox with the runner is only 169? seems odd to pay more for just the runner than for a whole airbox and runner.

mattv

Country flag
The $229 runner is the official KTM runner. The $169 runner+airbox combo has a runner that Gray Area KTM makes in-house. Not sure why the airbox is included, but I ain't complaining =)

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Still confused here. So should i get both the box and runner or just a runner since i run the open airbox? I know i need a injector no matter what.

Also. why is just the runner $229? when the airbox with the runner is only 169? seems odd to pay more for just the runner than for a whole airbox and runner.
The $229 version is solely for homologated racing use, if you need that then I have the option available from KTM. Otherwise my in house gives you the same performance gain for less cost. Plus an updated air box that "shouldn't" crack around the crankcase breathers.

Is that 20% gain with lid on, snorkel connected, and stock injector?

or lid on, no snorkel, and oversized injector?

I will be racing so I must keep the snorkel, lid and stock injector. Trying to figure out if I can expect similar gains.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Is that 20% gain with lid on, snorkel connected, and stock injector?

or lid on, no snorkel, and oversized injector?

I will be racing so I must keep the snorkel, lid and stock injector. Trying to figure out if I can expect similar gains.
20% with lid on, no snorkel per our org and stock injector.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I worked on mapping the open box today with the new injector, preliminary results are looking fair. The closed box makes more peak HP by about .5 but looses out down low(3500-7500) by a big margin. The mapping is taking way longer then expected so hang in there another day or 2.

I worked on mapping the open box today with the new injector, preliminary results are looking fair. The closed box makes more peak HP by about .5 but looses out down low(3500-7500) by a big margin. The mapping is taking way longer then expected so hang in there another day or 2.

Have you tried lid on and filter out as that creates a larger still airbox volume?