Dyno results Chad's Engine kit

KTMGene390

Note: first chart is uncorrected & second chart is corrected with only 0.99 correction factor needed which actually results in less power. Normally correction factors add power compared to the uncorrected due to atmospheric conditions which were closely controlled in Motorcyclist's state-of-the-art Dyno room.

Results cannot be used to compare with anything other than what was run on the same Dyno due to large variances between different Dyno's and atmospheric testing conditions.

Uncorrected chart: The red line is my bike, orange line is Ari Henning's bike & the blue line is a stock RC390. Corrected chart is my bike only.

I'm using a slightly different setup than Chad's solution and my bike is a work in progress so it is possible to obtain higher number.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wv3r2cru48nemyn/KTMRC390_Stock_Genes_Aris.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w31owk63rspy6wy/Screenshot_2017-02-17-12-44-37-1.png?dl=0

Sorry, I can't get the image tag feature to work so I have posted them on my Dropbox.

Last edited:

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
NICE work, you have a long way to go to pass my 51 hp on pump fuel :) though. Their 40.8 hp on a box stocker is pretty comparable to my numbers. Keep plugging away and keep up the good work. I've been doing some testing and more mods in my spare time.

KTMGene390

NICE work, you have a long way to go to pass my 51 hp on pump fuel :) though. Their 40.8 hp on a box stocker is pretty comparable to my numbers. Keep plugging away and keep up the good work. I've been doing some testing and more mods in my spare time.

Well Chad, if you will sell us your throttle body mods and convince California to sell 93 pump gas, Maybe we would all stand a chance! :p

Btw, I'm using the Akrapovic exhaust with the cat. I'll try the Akra w/o later... Might have to bite the bullet and forgo Auto-Tune altogether...

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Without the cat you'll see nice gains! What I switched to. Send me your t.b. I'll do it. I just haven't listed the service yet, done several... I can't help your fuel dilemma.

motoputz

Country flag
why the almost 2K difference in peek RPM? have you modified the rev limiter? This modification kit has lighter valves and stronger springs? I am trying to remember what was in the kit.

KTMGene390

Without the cat you'll see nice gains! What I switched to. Send me your t.b. I'll do it. I just haven't listed the service yet, done several... I can't help your fuel dilemma.

I intend to send you my throttle body soon.. I'd be content with 48-50 hp :)

KTMGene390

why the almost 2K difference in peek RPM? have you modified the rev limiter? This modification kit has lighter valves and stronger springs? I am trying to remember what was in the kit.

Chad's map for the PCV includes a 11,200 rpm redline via Rev Xtend. I also have the Akra ecu flash which by itself bumps up the rev limit to 10,250 up from 10k stock.

Stock valves but with new single valve springs and retainers. The RC could really use some titanium valves the stock ones are heavy! Chad!!

Last edited:

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Chad's map for the PCV includes a 11,200 rpm redline via Rev Xtend. I also have the Akra ecu flash which by itself bumps up the rev limit to 10,250 up from 10k stock.

Stock valves but with new single valve springs and retainers. The RC could really use some titanium valves the stock ones are heavy! Chad!!

Your wallet cant afford Ti valves :D. I've thought about but have to draw the line somewhere. If I could sell enough I would make them...

Clot

Country flag
Hello, are these kits still available for purchase,please

Clot

Country flag
Note: first chart is uncorrected & second chart is corrected with only 0.99 correction factor needed which actually results in less power. Normally correction factors add power compared to the uncorrected due to atmospheric conditions which were closely controlled in Motorcyclist's state-of-the-art Dyno room.

Results cannot be used to compare with anything other than what was run on the same Dyno due to large variances between different Dyno's and atmospheric testing conditions.

Uncorrected chart: The red line is my bike, orange line is Ari Henning's bike & the blue line is a stock RC390. Corrected chart is my bike only.

I'm using a slightly different setup than Chad's solution and my bike is a work in progress so it is possible to obtain higher number.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wv3r2cru48nemyn/KTMRC390_Stock_Genes_Aris.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w31owk63rspy6wy/Screenshot_2017-02-17-12-44-37-1.png?dl=0

Sorry, I can't get the image tag feature to work so I have posted them on my Dropbox.
May I ask, is the engine running stably under the horsepower in this chart, and have you encountered any problems?