Ebay Cat eliminator pipe

matadorCE

Country flag
Haven't tried this on my RC, but usually for car exhausts the rule of thumb is to stay away from cheap ebay stuff as the welds typically are of poor quality. If it's a track bike though and they're cheap enough then maybe buy a spare or two just in case?

othebe

Country flag
Yea its a good idea. Decided to pony up for a Leo Vince just for the added peace of mind on the weld quality. I'm on my third aftermarket exhaust - first MotoMaggots ended up with broken welds and needed a repack, then retro-fitted a 2015 Akra but this broke about 3 headers, then onto a Yoshi RS-9 but now the welds broke and the exhaust rivets popped, so I'm contemplating just going back to stock for now >_<

matadorCE

Country flag
Wow is this common issue on the RCs (sorry still new here)? Surprised to hear even the akra and Yoshi exhaust have had issues considering their price, maybe they can't take the vibrations on the long term?

acruhl

Country flag
I would like to hear more.

I just got the stainless Yoshimura exhaust which fits on pretty nice. But it's loud. Duh. I knew this but I'm really not much into noise. I just wanted to get rid of the stock heavy hardware. The funny thing is the Yoshimura muffler really isn't that much lighter than the stock one. But without that huge collector and the cat I think it's lighter overall. And freer flowing obviously.

What I'm getting at is I might like the weight savings + stock quieter muffler as a compromise at some point.