Country flag
Hello knowledgeable people.,

To begin, some info about my bike:
- 2015 model
- ~30000 km
- Had a full service at ~24000 km
- Only after market mod is a K&N air filter

The problem:
While riding, sometimes the engine would "cut out" of sorts, similar to the sensation if you find yourself running out of fuel. This is most evident when revving hard and I approach 5000 - 6000 rpm. I feel a sudden lost of power and if I stay at the same throttle position, power would come back after a few seconds but with a surge. Often times, I just roll it back and then get back on the power and it would go through 6000 rpm with out this weird cut off.
Sometimes, while cruising at 100kph or so, something similar happens but the lost of power isn't as pronounced.
Note, this doesn't happen all the time but often enough to be annoying. It also doesn't happen if I'm in neutral.
I'm guessing this is most likely a fueling issue??

Thanks!

Pandatech

Country flag
It's the main fuse ts blown of has a weak wire still hanging that's why it revs well wen in neutral change main 30watts fuse or add a bigger wire for testing not safe tho

Rye Mik

Country flag
Was wondering if you figured out what was goin on. I have the same year bike and problem but only in second gear. Weird idle as well bouncing between 2-3k.

Hubn

Country flag

- 2015 model
- ~30000 km

The problem:
While riding, sometimes the engine would "cut out" of sorts, similar to the sensation if you find yourself running out of fuel. This is most evident when revving hard and I approach 5000 - 6000 rpm. I feel a sudden lost of power and if I stay at the same throttle position, power would come back after a few seconds but with a surge. Often times, I just roll it back and then get back on the power and it would go through 6000 rpm with out this weird cut off.
Sometimes, while cruising at 100kph or so, something similar happens but the lost of power isn't as pronounced.
Note, this doesn't happen all the time but often enough to be annoying. It also doesn't happen if I'm in neutral.

Thanks!
Are there any solutions to this problem?
Thx in advance

dhynz

Country flag

- 2015 model
- ~30000 km

The problem:

Thanks!
I also have the same exact problem as you described and for me the bike start backfire when deceleration and a missing at idle so i tried changing the fuel pump, airbox, fuel injector, ignition coil, spark plug and cleaned the throttle body and still these problem occurs what could be the issue?

Hubn

Country flag

Biker

Country flag
No harm in checking if there is a crack in the Airbox. I had all sorts of similar weird problems and ended up changing loads of bits. Ultimately it turned out to a fine crack in the Airbox which was not easy to spot. A bit of sealant and the bike was as new.

B7ACKTHORN

Country flag
Two things of paramount, check your fuel pump for proper fuel pressure 41 to 42 psi. Secondly, make sure your ignition coil connectors are not corroded and make sure the ground points are neat and clean. Thirdly, check for cracks in air box on the right side underneath the pilot seat, engine intake plenum of the airbox. A cracked airbox would mean erratic idle RPM and and crappy top end. In the process make sure your fuel filter is replaced. My prime suspect is fuel pump as mostly, faulty fuel pumps work fine on idle to lower mid range, and start hiccuping, missing once WoT or upper higher RPM, strongly recommend you check your fuel pump/pressure. Keep us updated.

Cheers!