Engine touch up paint?

Treachery

Country flag
Engine touch up paint found!

Anyone discover an option for touch up paint for the engine? During the installation of the T-Rex sliders, the left-side bracket made a couple of nicks in the engine cases. I suspect there's a KTM Official color, but I wondered if anyone had discovered something that's a reasonably close match.

Last edited:

Seth

Country flag
Anyone discover an option for touch up paint for the engine? During the installation of the T-Rex sliders, the left-side bracket made a couple of nicks in the engine cases. I suspect there's a KTM Official color, but I wondered if anyone had discovered something that's a reasonably close match.

I wonder the same thing. Ever since I saw a cruise ship being touched up painted at every port of call I thought "why not" I need to order some Ford transit white and some KTM Orange for the occasional touch up.

Treachery

Country flag
Okay, revisiting my own thread. I have a pretty good option:

Before:

BeforeA.jpg

These nicks were my fault; let the T-Rex slider bracket flop back during the install (DOH!)

Here's the after:

After_2A.jpg

The top one is a little less smooth; I can probably either buff it a little, or maybe re-do it, but the lighting in the photo makes that one more evident than the other two.

This is what I used:

PaintA.jpg

The label will tell you what to get. I'm sure the factory touch up would work just as well, but the "pens" have gotten stoopid expensive. This was eight bucks from O'Reilly.

It took a couple tries; spray the paint into a spray cap or yogurt cup, then apply with tool of choice. I had a really fine paint brush, but it was like there was something that interfered with adhesion. I ended up using a toothpick. I'll take it.

Hope this is useful.