HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I have both the PCV and WBC2. I wanted to get the LCD-200 but it's discontinued now. So if you have the WBC2 how can you adjust AFR without the LCD-200?

We do all that here.

We setup the PCV and Setup the WBC2 in house, prior to shipping it to our customers.

Hello. I have 1 suggestion : to short circuit the O2 sensor input of the ECU. then the ECU will detect the wrong signal on O2 sensor, and then it will not work in closed loop anymore. We would have a fixed map inside the ECU, so any change with PCV will have direct impact and will not be conpensated by the ECU.
What do you think?

The only drawback I see is to to have the MIL lamp blinking at the dashboard.

Thetonious

I already have a PCV that I have not installed yet. I am planning to get an antigravity LI battery, a Werkes pipe and the WBC2 from you guys...can I get a map that matches from Hard Racing?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I already have a PCV that I have not installed yet. I am planning to get an antigravity LI battery, a Werkes pipe and the WBC2 from you guys...can I get a map that matches from Hard Racing?

Definitely.
Once you place your order for the exhaust, just send our sales dept. an email request for the map, and they will get you taken care of.

emiller

Country flag
I been having a weird issue with the PCV+WBC2 combo.

Whit the base map I received from you guys it feels balanced, the only issue is I get exhaust pops between gears and some times when I let the throttle go, so I decided to use the Dynojet software to load the new learned fuel trims and well everything seems to run good until I let the throttle go, during deceleration you can hear how the motor is not receiving enough fuel and it sounds like a huge cam is installed, then when I get to a full stop fueling goes back to normal, this only happens after I load what the auto tune learned.

I went from a Werkes exhaust to a MIVV GP with no DB killers installed, my mods are the following.

Stock ECU map
K&N No lid
MIVV GP Exhaust
PCV + WBC2

Do you know if I'm doing something wrong when loading the learned fuel trims?

Last edited:

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I been having a weird issue with the PCV+WBC2 combo.

Whit the base map I received from you guys it feels balanced, the only issue is I get exhaust pops between gears and some times when I let the throttle go, so I decided to use the Dynojet software to load the new learned fuel trims and well everything seems to run good until I let the throttle go, during deceleration you can hear how the motor is not receiving enough fuel and it sounds like a huge cam is installed, then when I get to a full stop fueling goes back to normal, this only happens after I load what the auto tune learned.

I went from a Werkes exhaust to a MIVV GP with no DB killers installed, my mods are the following.

Stock ECU map
K&N No lid
MIVV GP Exhaust
PCV + WBC2

Do you know if I'm doing something wrong when loading the learned fuel trims?

Do you still have the original map we loaded in there ?

isaac_

I'm confused, still after reading this thread, what WBC2 accomplishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 452

I've been running the WBC2 for 7 months (6K miles) and would like to provide a little info on AFRs for Auto Tuning...

• DynoJet initially recommended using 13.2 AFR in the 80-100% cells and leaving the other cells blank
  • Hard Racing recommended using 13.5 AFR in the 80% cells, 13.2 AFR in the 100% cells, and leaving the other cells blank
  • Most dyno tuners are getting best results using 12.7- 13.0 AFRs

According to the techs at DynoJet (I spoke with several), "closed loop" cells should be left blank on our bikes because KTM's ECU will fight corrections. Hard Racing was able to richen up the "closed loop" cells by tweaking the O2 sensor output voltage on the WBC2 so KTM's ECU adds fuel during "closed loop" operation.

I would be happy to email a map with blended AFRs (13.2- 12.9) in the "open loop" cells that Dynojet identified for KTM 390s with their recommended ignition timing values. It's a good place to start- Just download DynoJet’s C3 app onto your phone so you don’t have to carry a laptop on each ride and accept the suggested correction values after you ride 50’ish miles under varied conditions. Repeat ‘till the suggested correction values become less than 2% for each cell (usually 5- 6 rides).

*Don't enter any values in the cells that are blank on this map if you decide to tweak my AFRs per DynoJet's recommendation.
**I’m not responsible for any damage caused to your bike.

KTMGene390

I agree with bahawton's above post.

However, after extensive testing on Motorcyclist's Dyno Auto-Tune ONLY worked correctly on my bike using the WB2 with Hard Racing's low voltage output setup when values were entered in the 90-100% range with all other boxes left blank including clearing any fuel trims previously created, but do not clear the fuel map or ignition timing settings you're using IF correct. Make sure you are using the proper base map for your mods.

We did not try 85-100% so that may work, but it did not work correctly when creating fuel trims for 80-100 with ALL other boxes left blank. Granted, I have Chad's engine kit with the Akra ECU flash so perhaps the closed loop behavior is a little different with that flash tune. I would imagine it's the same other than different fuel trims compared to the stock map along with disabling the EVAP cell light error code when unplugged, plus a few other slight benefits...

In regards to starting at 80% settings; my bike would absolutely not run right OR idle correctly, it would shut off after 3 seconds. Just enabling Auto-Tune even with the other boxes blank with all fuel trims cleared using the correct PCV base fuel & ignition timing maps for the kit. TPS voltages were setup correctly as well with a necessary idle of 2k RPMs for the kit. As soon as I disabled Auto-Tune or used the 90-100% setup with Auto-Tune enabled it runs perfectly. Dyno data shows this too along with a second AFR meter down the back of the exhaust and compared to the WB2's O2 sensor mounted in the stock location. I'm using a digital gauge connected to the WB2 as well, so two read outs: WB2 internal data, signal being sent to the gauge and an AFR probe down the exhaust).

The Hard Racing WB2 low voltage output settings worked too. :)

emiller

Country flag

We'd recommend installing that map and start from the beginning again.

I will try again, just to make sure I have the right map the name of the one you sent me is "M18-015-HR0102".

Here is a list of the mods:

Stock ECU map
K&N Filter no lid
MIVV GP Exhaust no db killers
PCV5+WBC2
Fuel Shell 91 Oct

Last edited:

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I will try again, just to make sure I have the right map the name of the one you sent me is "M18-015-HR0102".

Here is a list of the mods:

Stock ECU map
K&N Filter no lid
MIVV GP Exhaust no db killers
PCV5+WBC2
Fuel Shell 91 Oct

Correct.