Got my first speeding ticket ( the day after my 41st Bday)on my 15' rc390 after 18k m

Metals 907

The conversation started with " Every time I see you on the inbound (65mph) you're doing 80+!" .......

18k miles....

This summer I put on the last 6k on my bike commuting ~65 scenic miles , rain or shine. This was opposite the daily flow of traffic which made for glorious rides.

I've owned and maintained my own bike from mile 1. It eats tires 2 to 1 rear/front per season . This will be my 2nd set of sprockets and chain. 0 performance mods , just regular maintenance. Only thing I've had fail is my shift lever sheared at the tab the linkage attaches to.

Long story short, I love her more than I did day 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

reenmachine

Country flag
Congrats! So the officer openly admitted to being derelict in his duty to enforce the law in the past? Sounds like grounds for dismissal :cool:

Seth

Country flag
Dang, So glad to hear of an RC with high miles and not a lot of drama... except the ticket ha ha.

wryalsmarmo

Country flag
If you receive a first speeding ticket, it is important to review the citation and understand the penalties and fines associated with it. Some common consequences of a first speeding ticket may include paying a fine, having points added to your driver's license, and increased insurance rates. Some states may also require you to attend a defensive driving course. The exact consequences will depend on the laws in your state and the circumstances surrounding the ticket. It is recommended to consult a traffic lawyer or the Department of Motor Vehicles in your state for more information.

Karfanatik

Country flag
If you receive a first speeding ticket, it is important to review the citation and understand the penalties and fines associated with it. Some common consequences of a first speeding ticket may include paying a fine, having points added to your driver's license, and increased insurance rates. Some states may also require you to attend a defensive driving course. The exact consequences will depend on the laws in your state and the circumstances surrounding the ticket. It is recommended to consult a traffic lawyer or the Department of Motor Vehicles in your state for more information.
get out of here

Xtremsiege2

Country flag
No one cares. First ticket if he's been ticket/accident free is usually not a huge increase. However a ticket subsequently following in less than 3 years would indicate more of a problem to insurance.

Main reason i have a hidden plate and only speed with ample fuel and a larger bike, cop knows hes not catching a 600 SS or larger. 390 would be sufficient for backroads but not the highway; losing a cop even in a no chase state could be an issue without traffic.