GPX Pro Wiring

DCMoney

Country flag
I've started wiring in my GPX Pro into my 390, figured I would share what I've done so far know of a few others that use a GPX.

So far I've wired into:

TPS
Coolant
RPM

TPS is on the right side of the bike (sitting on the bike) just below the front of the air box, wire you want to tap into is the Yellow/Green wire.

Coolant wire is White and yellow, this plug can be tapped on the harness going to the instrument cluster.

RPM is easily tapped into, black wire plugging in to the coil.

Want to wire into the gear position but it sucks as it has 7 wires one for each gear plus neutral. On my D675 it was one wire that sent different voltages to the cluster for each gear, still need to figure this one out.

Brake pressure sensor will get wired in once I pull it off my 250.

If your wanting to go completely keyless, the key is extremely easy to bypass. So easy I'm not going to say, PM me for detail or look into it yourself you'll probably be surprised like I was...

Wanted to take more pictures but was a busy weekend.

Last edited:

DCMoney

Country flag
XT got back to me about gear position, will have to use the onboard gear calculation with rpm/speed for gear position.

DCMoney

Country flag
Bent up a bracket yesterday to mount my GPX so I can see the stock gauge and the GPX while riding.

Calibrating the temp sensor tonight. Haven't thought of any other sensors I would want to tap into at this time.

green_bread

Country flag
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to add that you can tap in to one of the two available "Accessory" connections at the front of the bike for power to the lap timer, as well. Im not sure if all of the model years have these connectors, or not, but I know they are there on my 2015. They are tucked up near the steering stem/battery box area and labeled "Accessory 1" and "Accessory 2". Check your owners manual for more info!