Need Help High Coolant temperature warning

boyter

Country flag
Hello all,

I have searched numerous forum posts on this issue on this issue and others and cannot seem to find a definitive answer on the problem.

I keep getting a high coolant warning which seems to be a sporadic electrical fault. When it first happened, the bike had only done 2 laps before the bars went full, I coasted back to the pits, took the bike home and after it sat in the AC overnight and it still had the warning!
New temp sensor was fitted and it seemed to be fixed, only for the problem to arise again after 2-3 laps at the next outing. Since then I have visually checked the harness, changed the battery, changed the relays and when I put it all back together the warning was still there...along with low battery and low fuel. Remove the fairing, check wiring again, all warnings vanish....although it did actually need fuel as the tank was off and a new filter fitted.

I've read so many threads on this but nothing seems to be definitive. is it the dash? is it time to take the entire harness and engine and junk it in favour for a 450 carb KTM rally bike engine thats handy?

boyter

Country flag
You get the aftermarket Samco hoses? They are supposed to drop temps by up to 9degrees.
I've used silicone hoses on my racebikes for the last 15 years, the temperature difference is negligible if anything at all but they come in a various sized which is handy when using over sized rads and deleting thermostats. I'm in the Middle East so anything that could possibly reduce temps has been tried over the years.

Samco hoses also dont fix electrical issues nor will they reduce any temperatures when the bike is stone cold in an air conditioned workshop with a high coolant warning...