home made tail tidy

Rcdan

Well I had a couple free hours today which is a rare occurrence. So I figured I would try my hand at making my own tail tidy because I am cheap and I like to tinker.
plate1.jpgplate2.jpg bent it up and welded the side plates to mount the blinkers. It seems plenty stiff as I used heavy gauge sheet metal.
plate3.jpg drilled all the holes and painted it. Looks pretty decent even up close.
plate4.jpgNot bad really. I hope I won't run into issues with no plate light but it can always be added later.

Ryanthegreat1

Nice, I made mine too. I have a CAD drawing for it. Pondered posting a PDF of it for others to cut out. It would fit on a sheet of paper.

Rcdan

Yes, it seems like one of those things that most of us could do. But it is easier to buy it and save the elbow grease. It would be nice if you could post the drawing though. Did you use the plate light?

veetard

That looks great! I went with the Yoshi one mostly because of the pesky time restraints you mentioned lol:
7aef2b923857ccc307e364b36c72850a.jpg

Rcdan

That Yoshi unit looks nice and it looks like you have the plate light I have been worried about. I may have to find a small one at NAPA or whatever and fit it up.

veetard

That Yoshi unit looks nice and it looks like you have the plate light I have been worried about. I may have to find a small one at NAPA or whatever and fit it up.

It's a pretty simple led bar, I'm sure you can fab something similar...

Rcdan

Now your just showing off :) I am seriously jealous. I have been wanting something like that for a long time. Is it as much fun as I imagine it would be?

veetard

Yep. It's like 600 fast and way smaller. I love my KTM but always wanted a 2 stroke. Truth be told I paid good $ for it but it's so badass...

Rcdan

Nice, I came real close to picking up an rz350 that was pretty heavily modified last year. I am currently ogling an vfr400 on eBay. The other side of the pond gets all the good bikes.

veetard

This one is a 91 R model. He can get anything though. I spend time in Japan but don't have the coin on hand to import. Talk to Tim, he's the real deal.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Nice!!! [emoji41]

I raced a MC18 NSR for a number of years a lifetime ago...

PIR-turn9-2.jpg

A local here in Austin finally managed to convince me to sell it to him. He murdered it in a matter of months by seizing it multiple times, crashing it even more, and finally destroying the (TITLED!!!!) frame and swingarm in a crash which he claimed was "the bike fell over in the parking lot" which also managed to tear the right footpeg bracket off the frame, taking a huge chunk of the frame with it. {sigh} Lesson learned! NEVER sell a irreplaceable stroker to a squid. They are going to have to bury me with my Gamma! :D

veetard

I raced a MC18 NSR for a number of years a lifetime ago...

View attachment 3946

A local here in Austin finally managed to convince me to sell it to him. He murdered it in a matter of months by seizing it multiple times, crashing it even more, and finally destroying the (TITLED!!!!) frame and swingarm in a crash which he claimed was "the bike fell over in the parking lot" which also managed to tear the right footpeg bracket off the frame, taking a huge chunk of the frame with it. {sigh} Lesson learned! NEVER sell a irreplaceable stroker to a squid. They are going to have to bury me with my Gamma! :D

Wow that sucks. But I totally get it, I love my RC390 for daily but nothing compares to the 2 strokes. [emoji41]

Rcdan

Matt, I saw a guy riding a Gamma at the Indy GP in 2015. That is what all motorcycles should sound like.