I got my weight down…...

jokerio

20150805_125028.jpgI just weighed my bike (full tank). After all the mods and performance add-ons it is 335 lbs.

Last edited:

JKBC

Did you weigh it stock with a full tank?
I'm curious what that may have been because manufacturers often exaggerate on the light side.
If whatever you used is accurate I'll think of mine as truthfully weighing what that was.

DCMoney

Country flag
20150805_125028.jpg

What's the box next to the rear brake reservoir for?

You've got front brake caliper mounts on both forks?

psych0hans

Country flag
Did you weigh it stock with a full tank?
I'm curious what that may have been because manufacturers often exaggerate on the light side.
If whatever you used is accurate I'll think of mine as truthfully weighing what that was.
The red box looks like some kind of a lap timer... He probably used the RC8 forks.

RC390 Fan

I just weighed my bike (full tank). After all the mods and performance add-ons it is 335 lbs.
(I don't know why it won't post this picture right-side-up, sorry)

It's so light its sticking to the ceiling! Great looking bike. How did you weigh it? Two scales would be good for f/r bias.

jokerio

What's the box next to the rear brake reservoir for?

You've got front brake caliper mounts on both forks?

The red box looks like some kind of a lap timer... He probably used the RC8 forks.

It's so light its sticking to the ceiling! Great looking bike. How did you weigh it? Two scales would be good for f/r bias.

Can you post a small review on the RC8 forks? How well do they perform on the 390?

Box looks like an old style. AMB transponder?

1. Yes, that is a hard-wired transponder.
2. Yes, I used RC8 forks (small review to follow)
3. I weighed it with a large walk-on (drive-on) scale at a local storage/moving facility.

jokerio

RC8 Forks

I really didn't want to shell-out $1500 (+) for a pair of Cup forks from KTM So, I remember reading that the outer/upper tubes were the same diameter on both the bikes (and the same length ). Looking on ebay I found a nice pair from a 2012 RC8 R for only $400. So I thought I would take the chance and see if I could make them work on the 390.

I had to make some axle spacer/adapters, so I could use the stock 390 axle. Then for the brake, I used a 10mm off-set 320mm diameter brake rotor from a monster/916/748 mounted Backwards so it would line up in the center of the caliper.
Also had to slightly, machine off a millimeter or so from the front (now back) mounting surface face of the rotor carrier to get it all to line up correctly.

The other benefit was also being able to use a real Brembo caliper on the one side (awesome braking now !).
Of course being that the forks came off a heavier machine, I re-sprung them with lighter springs. It all works great and now with full damping adjustability, I have a wide range to dial them in !

(Oh yeah, the front fender is also from a RC8)

Attachments

• 20150805_125028 copy.jpg
    20150805_125028 copy.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

KTMGene390

After mods my bike weighs in at 331 lbs with a full tank of gas and in full street tirm.

179 lbs front tire & 152 lbs rear tire using two identical bathroom scales.