Need Help Indicators intermittently stop working when engine is running

I'm just hoping to get some advice to diagnose an issue I'm having where the indicators either flicker or completely stop working when the engine is running. The lights on dash which light up when the indicators are on also flicker.

I have tried replacing the 15A fuse (F6), should I purchase a new flasher relay (90511030000) to see if it resolves the issue? This is my first motorcycle and I don't have much experience diagnosing electrical issues in general but I do have a multimeter and I'm willing to try any suggestions.

I'd be really grateful if someone might be able to help as I need a road worthy motorcycle for my probationary license test next week so any help you might have will be definitely be appreciated.

Last edited:

KTMasean

Country flag
I don't think it is an issue of the flasher relay, more likely a connection problem.
Try disconnecting each signal wire, spraying some electrical contact spray (or WD-40, let it evaporate and re-connect.
Once you've done all four test ride again.
If the issue has not been resolved check all the negative wires.
Good luck with the fault finding and your licence test.

I changed the date of my check ride so I'll have time for parts to arrive and I did end up ordering a new flasher relay just to rule it out and will probably not be doing anything major until it arrives.

Last edited:
I don't know how but now my indicators are working again! I had a similar issue with my radiator fan several months ago... I just stuffed around with the fuses and relays, cleaned out a few connectors with WD40 and the issue has disappeared.

Last edited: