Issues with indicators and brake lights

Mushroom

So I bought A fender eliminator kit and installed it on the 390. After installation only the left turn signal would work because the right wire had been sandwich behind the mount. I freed the wire but now I have NO lights anywhere on the bike, and the engine won’t start. Display turns on no problem, and I checked fuse 6 but the horn still works and there was no sign it was burnt out. Please any advice?

Last edited:

Andy

Country flag
Check your fuse in the fuse box, the lights fuse won’t let the bike start. Could have gone pop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy

Country flag
Try disconnecting the tail tidy then have a go starting as that will confirm if you’ve connected it right or still have damaged wires.

Change the fuse anyway as belt and braces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Fuse 6 cannot be the problem. When you say the engine won't start, exactly what do you mean, e.g., will the starter motor turn the engine? It sounds like a broken wire problem. The brown wire from fuse 6 serves the horn first, then the other components; so the brown wire circuit could be broken after the horn.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
How did you rule it out?

No lights and won't start, could definitely indicate the light fuse has blown.

I rule it out because the horn works. Horn and lights are both on Fuse 6.

Also, the RC390 will start and run with Fuse 6 removed, so Fuse 6 cannot explain a no-start.

Botts

Country flag
I rule it out because the horn works. Horn and lights are both on Fuse 6.

Also, the RC390 will start and run with Fuse 6 removed, so Fuse 6 cannot explain a no-start.

Is that a year thing? My '17 definitely will not start with Fuse 6 removed. Found that out on my first track day.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Is that a year thing? My '17 definitely will not start with Fuse 6 removed. Found that out on my first track day.
Hmmm, that is interesting and surprising to read. I am referring to 2016, and do not know the OP's year model.

ClydeXreY

Country flag
Fuse 6 cannot be the problem. When you say the engine won't start, exactly what do you mean, e.g., will the starter motor turn the engine? It sounds like a broken wire problem. The brown wire from fuse 6 serves the horn first, then the other components; so the brown wire circuit could be broken after the horn.
I know this reply is three years too late but my 2015 won’t start with the fuse number 6 popped or removed and my 2020 fuse 4 popped and bike wont start when I installed the bad turn signal light that popped the 2015 fuse 6..
the interesting part is the horn, running light and handlebar control light was working(edit: on the 2015 model on the 2020 all lights were out)
btw this was indicated on the manual:
Fuse 6 - Horn, Brake Light, Turn Signal, High Beam, Low Beam, Parking Light, Tail Light and License Plate Lamp
is KTM fukin with its customers?