Ktm rc 390 abs failure - 2017 16200km

AlinEvil

Country flag
Hello ! Today I was riding my bike and suddenly abs failure appears on the screen. I have bought this bike 4 months ago and had not even a problem with it, 2200 km with no problems.. Any ideas what to check on the bike? What could have gone wrong ? It would be expensive to repair ?

Karfanatik

Country flag
I had ABS failure pop up briefly twice since owning my 2019. It's also got around the same mileage. Dealer said that there wasn't anything actually wrong with the abs. The guy said it was likely something with the front/rear wheel speed that made it act up briefly but no real errors to find. In both instances when the error message occurred, I did jam try to lock the rear wheel afterwards and abs did kick in so in my case, not worried.

Edit: Title says 16200km and post says 2200km. My bike has around 2200km

AlinEvil

Country flag
I had ABS failure pop up briefly twice since owning my 2019. It's also got around the same mileage. Dealer said that there wasn't anything actually wrong with the abs. The guy said it was likely something with the front/rear wheel speed that made it act up briefly but no real errors to find. In both instances when the error message occurred, I did jam try to lock the rear wheel afterwards and abs did kick in so in my case, not worried.

Edit: Title says 16200km and post says 2200km. My bike has around 2200km
Thanks for replying, I said that I had bought the bike around 14.000 km and I had done 2200km with no problem, I will try to jam lock the wheel too and see what happens. If nothing comes out I will take it to the dealer. Thanks !

Nemesis13

Country flag
I’ve had my RC390 for a month, bought it used with 49miles on it, I’m at 768 now. When I run WOT or ride aggressively lights start flashing and screen says CAN BUS ABS failure. Something like that since it’s so hard to read the LCD. Only has happened 3 times. I guess it hasn’t worried me too much, this bike seems finicky and is a drama Queen. I’ll probably check the wiring for anything loose.

Karfanatik

Country flag
I’ve had my RC390 for a month, bought it used with 49miles on it, I’m at 768 now. When I run WOT or ride aggressively lights start flashing and screen says CAN BUS ABS failure. Something like that since it’s so hard to read the LCD. Only has happened 3 times. I guess it hasn’t worried me too much, this bike seems finicky and is a drama Queen. I’ll probably check the wiring for anything loose.
I've had this happen. I was told It's possibly because of some wheel slip or sudden speed difference between front or rear tire