KTM REAR SHOCK SWAP

Loik T

Country flag
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new suspension for my RC390 2015. I've heard that the yamaha r6 99-02 suspension are the best ones to go with (in term of pricing and riding reviews). However, I was wondering if I can just swap the r6 suspension right on the bike or I would need to make adjustements (bushings, etc.) If there is any, what are the best options to get the pieces. Thanks all!

1JZSupra

Country flag
In total it cost me like $50. There is a huge thread on it in this forum, I would start at page 1.

Lankho09

Country flag
It is this thread;

It's a large thread but it will cover all your questions and more. If I remember correctly the R6 will fit with some bushings, some made it themselves, some used a Suzuki (?) part number that matched the desired specifications.

It's also a really useful thread with lots of knowledgeable posters that may help you out with spring rates.

I went with a Ducati ST4 shock that I'm really pleased with, but that's also in the thread.

Bottom line, good thread, go read it. Share your experiences or questions so that it may remain an active thread with lots of knowledge/experience shared.

airazen

Country flag
i'm using this right now.
more cheaper than KT303, but double the features.
Öhlins TTX RT Triumph 675R. PnP, no washer required.

F958DF7E-CA96-4CF3-B2F1-D61BE89F1D3D.jpeg