HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

As most of you know everywhere else in the world, the RC390 comes with Nice LED Turn signals on the Mirrors.

So we wanted to do something similar.......... But better.

Many of you probably see more and more cars are going the way of AUDI's and coming with LED Daylight Running lights (DRL's)......... that switch to Turn Signals

We are considering making this kit for the KTM 390

Need some feedback.

What do you think ?

DRL on all the time. ........... and then FLASHES AMBER when turn signal is kicked on.

Sorry, thought we had posted links to this.

>> DRL Lights <<

LEDTS.jpg

LEDTS1.jpg

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
I like the idea, but would probably pass, given the difficulty of actually 1) Integrating the LED bar, and 2) hiding the wiring.

Big ups for the ingenuity and your efforts!

Andy

Country flag
I want to get rid of my mirrors and put the indicators on the fairing. I think it's a simple task of taking out the covers and re routing the cables, oh yes and acquiring a pair of indicators.

Andy

Country flag
Wonder if you could incorporate indicators into the front running lights so either the left or right section flahes (orange)?

Hekimpd

Wonder if you could incorporate indicators into the front running lights so either the left or right section flahes (orange)?

Correct me, because I could be wrong, but I believe the signals have to be located on the furtherest outside part of the vehicle in front.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

That's the best part about these Signals.

You can use them as just signals, or as DRL / Signals.

And you can mount them just about anywhere.......... on the side of the fairing, on the top, on the mirror stems, on the mirrors.... wherever you like.

We mounted them on the mirrors, because it completely hides the wires inside the stem... and then we run the wires on the inside of the bodywork down to the OEM Connectors.

Very factory look.

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
Okay. Count me as impressed. That's pretty sano. What sort of controller would they require? I assume the signals plug into the regular circuit; jump/splice into the running lights in the beak? How complicated would it make removal of the mirrors for trackdays?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

If you just want Turn signals, then all you do is just wire them directly into the stock harness. To make them easy to disconnect, you can reuse the stock signal connectors, by cutting them from the stock turn signals.

If you want DRL / Turn signals, there is a recommended optional inline harness that installs..... inline....... and alternates the flashing.

Using this inline harness, we never had to install an HD Relay....... and the signals still blink at the correct speed even though they are LED.

That was a nice bonus.

Hekimpd

I know this has been discussed before, but has anyone out together a complete kit to change the incandescent lights over to LEDs? I would be interested in something of that nature. Thanks.

stevieboy

Country flag
I believe the reason we do not get the LED lights is related to the Federal DOT. But it doesn't really make any sense to me.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I believe the reason we do not get the LED lights is related to the Federal DOT. But it doesn't really make any sense to me.

LOL... True.

Then again if we worried about every DOT Law, .......... There would be NO changing your Filter, your exhaust, your Fender Kit, your Head lights, Your Turn Signals.....etc..

Now in California, they are even cracking down on gearing changes... "Cause, it could make your bike run less efficient. " :-(