Making Andreani's Work

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Im very curious at the end result here. I have used them successfully for quite some time but never noticed this and since I installed them I pray its not on my shoulders!

yowsaboss

Country flag
Did you do the tests in your previous post?

Yes. And as expected, there weren't any problems with binding. The bike has just over 1000 miles on it, and I've always reassembled per the service manual, as far as sequence and proper torque. For sure I've always bounced the fork prior ro torquing the axle, which would be the most likely cause of misalignment. Lighter springs didn't accomplish anything, although I think in the end a combination of one 7.8 and one 8.3 might be optimum.

yowsaboss

Country flag
Im very curious at the end result here. I have used them successfully for quite some time but never noticed this and since I installed them I pray its not on my shoulders!

:rolleyes: Well Pacman, you just outed yourself! I stayed away from mentioning the installer, as I am very confident you installed them properly. If this isn't some sort of manufacturing flaw, at this point I'm mystified as to the cause.

Banned

Country flag
Superpacman13, have you ever measured the actual amount of available travel on forks you have installed these cartridges on? I suspect the available travel is less than we may think. To me it is a non issue as the forks perform great once set up properly but I don't think there is 130mm of available travel.

Last edited:

Country flag
Hi @yowsaboss = do you still have the original needles taken from the Andreani cartridges -- somehow - we are missing one -- and so far I havent been able to source one with Andreani - there doesnt seem to be a spare parts list - or a part number that I can go from? Interested in selling them? - located in Australia?

yowsaboss

Country flag
Sorry, I do not. The cartridges (and the needles) are installed in the bike. I suggest you contact Fast Bike Industries-
https://www.fastbikeindustries.com
[email protected]

They are the US distributor for Andreani, and if they can help you, they will. Their customer service is second to none. If that fails, I'd just take the needle you have to a machinist. Any qualified machinist could turn one of them on a lathe in 10 minutes.

good luck

Tommy Liu

Country flag
@yowsaboss, i encoutered the same problem to my andreani cartridge, i read every words of your post to see anything is missed, and finally find out what caused my fork travel limited to 100mm, it is the too long plastic tube on the damper rod, i think it should be further modified to fit different bike, after cutted around 60mm off, i get more travel and rides great now. Hope it helps. P_20210301_204210_1_1_1.jpgP_20210301_204144_1_1_1.jpg

Epee

Country flag
@yowsaboss: Did you find any solutions to the harsh fork action and limited travel issues? Does Tommy Liu's suggestion fix the fork travel limitation?

I have an Andreani fork kit in my 390 Duke, and am experiencing the same problems. Any updates would be appreciated! Thanks.