Need general consensus on best front and rear rotors - 2019 Model

Karfanatik

Country flag
Hey all,
I've scoured previous threads and can't really find a general consensus on the best rotors to get for a 2019 RC390. I have no problems with the stock brakes but I like to tinker and upgrade and want the best performing and lightest option available. I already got the EBC HH pads for the front and rear ready to install but want to do it with a fresh rotor and fluid flush.
Appreciate all responses in advance!

Sisco

Country flag
I have both the KTM Galfer rotor and Moto Master flame rotor, galfer is slightly lighter, but it's the opposite for the rear rotors

I think the quality is slightly better than moto master as well but they are both good

1619494615668.png1619494666677.png

1619494814034.png1619494823001.png1619494748074.png1619494756009.png

kostean

Country flag
Depends for what use, but with that similar design, I think one needs to be a professional racer to make out of any difference on these and these differences would only appear at the race track.

Karfanatik

Country flag
What's the word on the EBC XC Contour series rotors? Appreciate the pics thus far. From what I've seen, alot of folks go for the galfer rotor. I'm purely street riding so a bit of bling factor doesn't hurt. I do want to eventually track this thing once I get a couple house things out of the way so a bit of future proofing is necessary

390Peso

Country flag
What's the word on the EBC XC Contour series rotors? Appreciate the pics thus far. From what I've seen, alot of folks go for the galfer rotor. I'm purely street riding so a bit of bling factor doesn't hurt. I do want to eventually track this thing once I get a couple house things out of the way so a bit of future proofing is necessary
Hey!

I plan on ordering the Galfer rotor, but I'm kind of contemplating if i should try the motomasters one.

Did you try any of those out? If so please let me know!

Kind regards,

Bigpeso33

Karfanatik

Country flag
Hey!

I plan on ordering the Galfer rotor, but I'm kind of contemplating if i should try the motomasters one.

Did you try any of those out? If so please let me know!

Kind regards,

Bigpeso33
I haven't tried any out yet. Still running the stock rotors and pads since they're fairly fresh. When it gets warm, I'm gonna gather up whatever I need to tackle the brake system

390Peso

Country flag
I haven't tried any out yet. Still running the stock rotors and pads since they're fairly fresh. When it gets warm, I'm gonna gather up whatever I need to tackle the brake system
Hey!

Thanks for responding, the same applies to me as well. If i get to upgrading the brakes i will let y'all know.

Kind regards,

Bigpeso33

motoputz

Country flag
I have a Braketech cast iron front rotor on mine. It might be a 310mm diameter. I am not sure, it has been a while since I put it on and right now my 390 is packed up in boxes waiting to be moved into my new shop. I like the better feel, feed back and initial bite of cast iron over stainless steel. Mass is about the same as a steel rotor. It may be a few grams heavier. You will get better handling for your money changing out the heavy front wheel than worrying about a few grams saved on the brake rotor. A heavier rotor is going to absorb heat and shed heat better than a lighter rotor. And cast iron is much better than stainless in transferring heat. My 390 is strictly track focused now. I have thousands of road miles using cast iron rotors on my Ducati motorcycles with out any problems.

I am not sure if Braketech is still making rotors for the 390. But he might have some old stock lying around that will work.

KTMasean

Country flag
I'm running an EBC Rotor (300mm). Good stuff but expensive, got a Moto-Master F&R rotor coming in soon.
Between Galfer and MotoMaster I actually think, seeing all their competition successes that the latter is the better rotor but as said before, unless you are riding her at the limit of her capabilities it wouldn't really matter that much.
If it is for saving weight this guy, Rick, in the UK sells nice titanium bolt/nut sets bike-specific https://www.facebook.com/groups/558346244788729