Need wiring diagram help, Speedo/ABS question

jokerio

Apparently, the speedo will not work if you remove the ABS unit (under gas tank) even if you leave the wheel speed sensors hooked-up. The wheel speed info must go thru the harness and into, and-out-of, the ABS unit before getting to the dash. It's a big multi-pin connector to the unit, I hope to make a "jumper" to "fool" the system thinking it's still hooked-up. I need a copy of the wiring diagram for the bike or at least the ABS unit…
Thanks !

Fasteddy

Country flag
Apparently, the speedo will not work if you remove the ABS unit (under gas tank) even if you leave the wheel speed sensors hooked-up. The wheel speed info must go thru the harness and into, and-out-of, the ABS unit before getting to the dash. It's a big multi-pin connector to the unit, I hope to make a "jumper" to "fool" the system thinking it's still hooked-up. I need a copy of the wiring diagram for the bike or at least the ABS unit…
Thanks !

FWIW Its quite a bit more complicated then a jumper from looking at the wiring diagram and info on the Bosch Gen 9 system. ABS takes a higher sample rate sine wave that is generated by the tone ring / sensor, the ABS divides this down to a pulse train that represents speed and sends it to the ECU / combo instrument. A possible solution would be the pickup setup from a non ABS on the Duke 200, or a microprocessor to convert the signal.

DCMoney

Country flag
Like Fasteddy said more complicated than a jumper but here you go, let us know what you find. I removed my ABS this weekend and would kind of like to have accurate miles.

Fasteddy

Country flag
Well, The abs warnig light is easy just 'pull' the wire that goes from the ABS to the inst cluster toward ground with a resistor, I have only looked at it on scope so I haven't tried to come up with a value.

The speedo is a another beast, the duke 200 uses a different pickup coil and magnitic headed bolts to mount the disc to the wheel, as the bolt passes the pickup pulses are generated, these would be pulses that would be at an interval that the combo unit / ecu could deal with, From searching the web I also have found the non ABS 200 uses a speed limiter that I believe conditions the pulses before they go the other devices.

I have the wiring diagrams for bothe but they do not go into specifics about the differences from ABS / non ABS, kind of ambiguos. I have the part #'s for the special bolts and pickup coil for non ABS, but I think a little programming on a $6.00 Up board would be the way to go....

Also, mt speedo is off by the exact same amount, 3.X mph at all speeds up to 100 mph checked with cal'ed radar, so that gives some insight to the pulse counting going on and can also be seen on OBD II data monitor.