New from Houston area 2017 Duke 390

jjona5

So I just bought a Duke 390 that has 1500 miles on it. I have owned bikes before. I have ridden dirt bikes since I was 4 and my first motorcycle was a 955i Speed triple, then a vt1100(early model with 20 more hp and 5 gears), then a valkyrie, and now back to a KTM 390. I'm hoping to do a full exhaust, air box mod, and rapid bike tuner. I think I'd like to go with the Akrapovic Race Line Slip-On with the early model Tyga header pipe but I'm undecided at the moment. I'm also using the bike as an excuse to lose a little weight since the bike is much lighter than my last few. Def enjoying the handling and I got a great deal on it.

Last edited:

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
I think I'd like to go with the open race exhaust....

If you want to anger everyone within a half-mile, this would be a way to do it; and for little or no performance gain. Think about it.

jjona5

This is the one I was talking about open was the wrong word. It has a slip on at the end just no resonator. It was recommended by Gray performance. I heard it is not as loud as the competition werks stuff. I'm not really looking for loud but if I'm going to buy a setup why not get the best. https://www.ktm-parts.com/90805979044.html 90805979044.jpg

Last edited:

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Oh, yes, that will be just fine. :)

I think it lacks a catalytic converter though, since it is for off-road use.