New Sato Sliders: Thoughts?

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The GSG one do have Puffer areas though which can bend a bit before it hits the frame - doesn’t that make sense ?
Thing is as a beginner a parking lot Fall is quite common at least for girls - don’t wonna buy x fairings u know ..
The stock fairings hold up REMARKABLY well in parking lot tipovers as well as full on race speed lowsides. They are heavy as a boat anchor, so many racers replace them with fiberglass or carbon fiber panels, at the cost of less strength but easier repairability.

Short and inexperienced riders do have a higher chance of parking lot tips, but girls hardly hold the title for that act. I have a few female friends who can outride me, with their eyes closed! Get axle sliders, and know that yeah, it might suck to damage the side panels, but it's cheaper than a totaled bike from a bent frame. You can sand the ABS panels (they are quite thick, see boat anchor) to remove scratches or stick a race sticker over the damage and call it a day. It's a battle wound of being a new rider... wear that badge with pride! It's a learning experience. We've ALLLLLLLLLLL had them!

Rc390girl

Country flag
The stock fairings hold up REMARKABLY well in parking lot tipovers as well as full on race speed lowsides. They are heavy as a boat anchor, so many racers replace them with fiberglass or carbon fiber panels, at the cost of less strength but easier repairability.

Short and inexperienced riders do have a higher chance of parking lot tips, but girls hardly hold the title for that act. I have a few female friends who can outride me, with their eyes closed! Get axle sliders, and know that yeah, it might suck to damage the side panels, but it's cheaper than a totaled bike from a bent frame. You can sand the ABS panels (they are quite thick, see boat anchor) to remove scratches or stick a race sticker over the damage and call it a day. It's a battle wound of being a new rider... wear that badge with pride! It's a learning experience. We've ALLLLLLLLLLL had them!
Thank youuu!!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Neither. Both mount to the engine case cover. The force of an impact is going to take that lever arm of the slider, and transmit that force directly into the engine case through the M8 bolts. I've seen these rip the cover and tear it open. Potentially exposing debris (rocks and such) to enter the engine potentially when it's laying on it's side, still running. Get axle sliders and a cute "ooopsie" bandaid sticker to go over a scratch on the bodywork.
https://www.amazon.com/Large-Bandage-Bumper-Sticker-Window/dp/B07B693PC9/