No integrated turn signal mirrors for US bikes???

RoninJames

So i just got my bike here in the US and after loving the look in the videos of the integrated blinkers on the mirrors... i find out that is NOT SO. we get some big ugly stalks sticking out of a precarious position between the windscreen and side fairing.... BOOOOO!

Is there any way to order the euro OEM mirrors from overseas???? i cant find them anywhere on any parts site or even ebay.
I thought about trying to get some of those generic round flushmounts to try and fit in that spot the stalks come from, but dont know if they will actually fit or not.

would love to get those euro mirrors tho is anyone knows how to order.

reenmachine

Country flag
There's at least one thread on here all about it with wiring info and what not. The mirrors are about useless anyway and you'll probably end up replacing them with bar-end mirrors or something anyway. Look at the bright side -- if you had the euro mirrors and then replaced them with something functional you'd have to figure out new turn signals as well!

RoninJames

There's at least one thread on here all about it with wiring info and what not. The mirrors are about useless anyway and you'll probably end up replacing them with bar-end mirrors or something anyway. Look at the bright side -- if you had the euro mirrors and then replaced them with something functional you'd have to figure out new turn signals as well!

lol i actually find the mirrors usable... if i stick my elbows out and look thru my armpits in the mirror! hahahaha sounds silly saying it, but when im riding it works pretty good!

reenmachine

Country flag
lol i actually find the mirrors usable... if i stick my elbows out and look thru my armpits in the mirror! hahahaha sounds silly saying it, but when im riding it works pretty good!

I do the same thing! Elbows out for rear view, elbows in for side view. Pretty funny.

JKBC

We have the same mirrors the world gets but with a removable cover where the world has the LEDs. There's a hole for the wires as well. I don't mind our turn-signals now since they are pretty visible. Before my bike arrived (put a down-payment on one back in December) and I was shocked to see the US DOT mandated signals, ugly reflectors and chintzy long black plastic thing where the license plate goes...I did imagine possibly using hand signals sometimes if the LEDs didn't look so visible. The added reflectors on the front do a nice job of hiding the 43mm upside-down fork tubes and the rear red ones look like something off a North Korean bicycle.
(US) DOT cover where LEDs go 1.jpg(US) DOT cover where LEDs go 2.jpg(US) DOT cover where LEDs go 3.jpg(US) DOT cover where LEDs go 4.jpgChintzy USDOT approved crap.jpgthere, that's much better.jpg

Last edited:

My Retro Career

Yup, same here. I do the chicken flap dance quite often especially when I approach stop lights. Only way to see through those damn excuse of devices called mirrors.

FWIW, the R3 forum is also littered with the same complaints.

They're as hopeless as having your a$$h0le on yer .....

tumblr_kphvlwTJfh1qzhiqwo1_1280.jpg

reenmachine

Country flag
We have the same mirrors the world gets but with a removable cover where the world has the LEDs. There's a hole for the wires as well. I don't mind our turn-signals now since they are pretty visible. Before my bike arrived (put a down-payment on one back in December) and I was shocked to see the US DOT mandated signals, ugly reflectors and chintzy long black plastic thing where the license plate goes...I did imagine possibly using hand signals sometimes if the LEDs didn't look so visible. The added reflectors on the front do a nice job of hiding the 43mm upside-down fork tubes and the rear red ones look like something off a North Korean bicycle.

Yeah, a tail tidy along with removing the bitch pegs and fork reflectors all do wonders for the bike. I have bar-end mirrors as well but haven't installed them yet.

uWd4N1el.jpg

RoninJames

i actually have a set of these sitting around and am seriously considering drilling a hole in the side fairing to put them on it. i hate the stalk signals... plus they are freaking HUGE.628058539_o.jpg