No pulse on injector after POWERtronic install

Hodder

Country flag
Hello gang,

I recently purchased a POWERtronic piggy back off one of the other members (Thanks a million by the way Muckabucka! great to deal with :D)

After the install, the bike started and was idling rough, then it shut off. After trying to turn it back on, it would sputter and seem like it wanted to with no avail.
We tested a few things and came to find there is no pulse on the injector itself. Worried now that the circuit may be fried, but I am a super noob to this and was hoping for some input from the great guys on here.

Thanks a million! (Also if I posted in the wrong area let me know and I will switch it)

micahpearlman

Make sure the ground wire is attached properly. I don't think the recommended ground to frame is sufficient and think a better routing of the box would be from the battery area and attaching the ground directly to battery. FYI the PowerTRONIC tech support guys seemed pretty responsive so I would definitely email them.

bolomx

Hi Hodder.

How did you solved this?. I have a similar situation, the only difference is that my bike is a Duke 390. I wired the ground to the frame and not to the battery terminal.

I found my ignition coil and spark plug burned. How did you work out this? I ordered a new OEM parts, but I'm afraid that if I plug the powertronic again, it will frie my spark/coil again.

Besides, RD Team support, sucks!!! They don't want to answer my emails. But when I ordered the powertronic, they didn't hesitate to contact me.

Hodder

Country flag
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay in responding here, I returned from vacation a few days ago and have the bike back.

I brought the bike into my dealer as it was still under warranty (I attempted it at our workshop first as I obviously expected something simple and wanted to get out for a ride that night) Anyway... They informed me the coil had burned up, and they replaced it under warranty.

RD were quite impressive on their replies to me as well, in fact they sent me a new map to ensure that there wasn't a strange issue with the one I had on it when i did the install. I currently have the PT back on the bike, I took it for a few rides since and all seems to be working well. I am also running the K and N filter with the air box lid mod. Love the sound if nothing else!

We will be checking A/F ratios tonight and seeing what we can tweak to make it better. We took one of our AEM wide bands and made an insert to go into the exhaust over the weekend to get proper readouts, we've used this to tune a couple bikes now and I'm hoping to get a good result. Will post with our findings.