No Start and JY_1.2.3 Displayed

motoputz

Country flag
My 2015 RC390 will fail to start some times and then displays only JY_1.2.3 on the dash before the dash resets. Usually after the first time it does this it starts right up with the only indication that something did not go right is that the clock reset to 00:00. A typical failure is a wheezy pop from the exhaust, like it fired a partial charge, then dead with the dash showing the JY_1.2.3. This morning is failed to start on multiple tries and kept going through the display of JY_1.2.3 and resetting. I finally got it to start by holding down the starter button through a bunch of these wheezy pops until the engine finally fired up and settled into idle. I then turned it off after idling for about a minute. Once I shut it off it started right up on the next try. It has displayed this wheezy pop behavior over the last six months or so but always starts on the second try.

Any one else have this problem? any ideas as to what is going on?

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The dash reset is and stopping of cranking is low battery voltage shutting down the system. Check connections at battery and or replace the battery.

shreeshar7

My 2015 RC390 will fail to start some times and then displays only JY_1.2.3 on the dash before the dash resets. Usually after the first time it does this it starts right up with the only indication that something did not go right is that the clock reset to 00:00. A typical failure is a wheezy pop from the exhaust, like it fired a partial charge, then dead with the dash showing the JY_1.2.3. This morning is failed to start on multiple tries and kept going through the display of JY_1.2.3 and resetting. I finally got it to start by holding down the starter button through a bunch of these wheezy pops until the engine finally fired up and settled into idle. I then turned it off after idling for about a minute. Once I shut it off it started right up on the next try. It has displayed this wheezy pop behavior over the last six months or so but always starts on the second try.

Any one else have this problem? any ideas as to what is going on?

Tighten battery terminal leads and reinsert all fuses.
Check after that and update me.

motoputz

Country flag
It looks like it was a low battery. I put a voltage meter on it in the morning and the battery only had about 11.4 VDC. It would crank over and fire but there was not enough voltage to get the CPU to start up correctly and get it to idle. It never stopped cranking on the starter and would go through the dash reset even as it was cranking over, or if it did fire up and idle the reset would happen. The battery was a lithium ion type that I took out of my Multistrada. It was about 6 or 7 years old, and like all lithium ion batteries struggled to maintain 12V at zero degrees C. I have a new one on the way and this problem should go away. Once I get the garage heated, that should help cold morning starts also.

robenever

Could it have been j_y1.3.2? Because that's the same that mine is displaying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motoputz

Country flag
it could have been J_Y. Replacing the battery made it go away. the new Shora Li battery works better an low temperatures compared to the old one. It is physically bigger but has about the same mass.

LaJuicy

it could have been J_Y. Replacing the battery made it go away. the new Shora Li battery works better an low temperatures compared to the old one. It is physically bigger but has about the same mass.
I know im bumping an old thread but im having a similar problerm. No error code but same starting thing. Pressing start in neutral with stand up or in gear nothing happens. No error code displayed just wont start. Battery voltage is at 12v and none of my lights work. Headlights, blinkers, break lights non of them even turn on. Should i just charge/replace the batt?

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
No, you should check your fuses and major wiring connections at battery and ground.