Noise every 30 seconds

Kanaloa

Country flag
First ride after first service.
Get parked in garage and hear this every 30 seconds:

Thoughts?
It has stopped after some time, just curious to know what it is.

Last edited:

Kanaloa

Country flag
This has happened again and is coming from under the fuel tank fairing. Will have to catch it again to determine exactly where from.

Kanaloa

Country flag
This is directly related to the gas tank. The noise was occurring again after another ride, I decided to open the gas tank gas cap and it immediately stopped. I assume this is related to gas tank pressure. The lack of response has me thinking this is an issue previously discussed and could be found by a search. So begins my thread search…

Kanaloa

Country flag
This link to a previous thread from @rc_Guy reads to be a similar issue:
Beeping sound (<- link)

I say “reads to be similar” because it goes away with an opening of the gas cap. I wonder, however, if it is the same issue because the linked thread eludes to a beeping noise. This is clearly not a beep.
I’ll inquire with the dealership just to be sure.

petrolhead

Country flag
@Kanaloa , i can hear it on mine too . Pretty sure that's coming from the tank ( nothing to worry about) and can be attributed to the difference in pressure within the tank and the atmosphere. Had a similar issue with my R15.

Kanaloa

Country flag
I appreciate it. Still happens and dealer wanted to take a look because they felt it was loud. Now that winter is behind us I can bring it in. Will certainly update the thread once I know more.