Noob Or Nah?

ITZ_RC390

Country flag
Are you going to get called a noob if you wear your track suit on the street? I just wanted to get some opinions on how you guys feel about this.

cornerslider

No, protective gear is ALWAYS cool........ I personally don't wear my track suit on the street, but only because it doesn't breathe at ALL..... I do wear protective street gear that breathes (leather jacket/textile pants). I know it doesn't offer the same protection as my track suit, but I'm not pushing it like I do at the track, nor am I going as fast. As you may be able to tell from my avatar, I'm not into what other people think..... I think I probably have the ugliest leathers EVER! I got them brand new, they fit, and were a little over $300. Enjoy you bike, and don't worry what others think-

Treachery

Country flag
Probably not noob, but poser, maybe. If it's that or jeans and a T-shirt, wear the suit, and save up for good street gear.

ITZ_RC390

Country flag
Actually when i picked up the bike, i bought the sliders right away. lol

Thanks for the reply guys. I recently just got my bike, and I am slowly learning on the street. I really want to wear a track suit because i think they are really cool and I am planning on taking the bike to the track next year.

I just wanted to get everyone opinions on how they feel when they see someone on the street with a full track suit on.

EnergyHOU

If I'm riding in the hill country and I know I'll be truly riding the bike I'm wearing my leathers, with my pucks (which will likely end up getting used) but if I'm taking the bike out to get coffee or something on a Sunday morning I'm wearing riding jeans and a textile jacket.

EnergyHOU

To add to my previous comment: who cares what people think? As someone said above, it's your body, protect it the way YOU want to protect it. And on top of that, no one here bought their bike for "other people", we bought it for our enjoyment, gear is the same thing.

Edwardp33

Country flag
When I see a shirtless guy in flip flops, shorts, and no helmet I think idiot donor. When is see a guy in a track suit I think smart and well protected. It doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks, however, it is best to protect yourself from the flip flop guy because he may get behind the wheel of a car and exhibit the same judgement. I always wear as much gear as I can and never ride without a minimum of a textile jacket boots and jeans. I would also never try to get a knee down on the street. But that's just me.

ASM

I usually wear one of my 1-piece leathers when riding (not commuting). I really don't care whether someone calls me a noob, or anything else. Leather is still the best protection around so why would I wear anything else? Since I won't use the street as a race track anyway, I usually don't care about knee pucks, chicken strips or anything else.

unicorn_violence

track leathers aren't the most comfortable option for the street. however, i never have and never will give anyone crap for wearing good proper safety gear while riding. the "noobs" or riders i make fun of are the ones who wear no gear like just shorts and a tshirt (tapout shirt usually) or a nice leather jacket but with their helmet not on their head, but strapped to the side of the bike (most pointless thing ever). they usually do that to show off their sweet all-white sunglasses and awesome gelled hair to all the ladies on the side of the road. and yes, they do also rev their engines constantly while at a red light.

but i digress, i would say wear that track suit. its probably the second safest thing you can wear while riding your bike next to the helmet(still dont understand why riders dont wear them)

Last edited:

simpletty

Country flag
Used to wear my race leathers all the time on the street. Who cares what everyone else thinks, I: enjoy washing my skin in the shower, not peeling it up off the pavement. I have street gear that I do wear as well if I am going to go for lunch or go visit friends, which consists of armored textile jacket, alpinestar stella boots, leather gloves with full protection and usually just a nice pair of good quality jeans. My track leathers are perforated and I sweat just as much in them as I do in a vented textile jacket anyway. Flip flops and shorts are for the beach not 65mph on pavement. I recently saw a doctors photo of a guy in the hospital who was wearing flip flops on a motorcycle and had an accident. Put this picture into your mind....you could see the bones perfecty in the bottom of what was left of his feet. Im sure he was seriously injured for life. Never take safety for granted

Last edited:

Diploman

ITZ, I concur with those who say think for yourself and forget about what others may say. If you have street gear, it is probably more comfortable for street riding than a full-on leather track suit. And probably more appropriate to street circumstances than track gear, since you will be riding at less extreme speeds and conditions. But the most important thing is: WEAR IT. The mantra for safety-conscious riders (as opposed to Darwin-Prize candidates) is AGATT: All Gear All The Time. Dress for the crash (which statistically speaking will likely come at some point) rather than for the ride. Human skin runs a very distant second to asphalt when the two encounter each other at speed. You must think about your own self-preservation and not be influenced by peer pressure (especially from Darwin idiots) in what you wear on the bike. It's your skin.

ToraTora

Country flag
Depending on the riding I'll wear a full suit even on the moped--as you can see in my avatar. :)

Really it doesn't matter what other people think. Wearing proper gear is your own decision.

ToraTora

Country flag
armoredflipflops2.jpg

Metals 907

Wow. A moto sandal. I've gotta have me a set....... would go perfect with a t shirt, shorts, and a pair of sun glasses to complete my squid kit.