Noob Or Nah?

Metals 907

I wont lie, i do wear shorts when i ride sometimes. But i also use a set of off road armored shorts , knee and shin guards and boots. Looking into the ce armored shirt with integrated shoulder , elbow and forearm guards.
On the street most of us arent running ridiculous speeds. I could care less what people think of my using off road gear on road. The impact points are protected, and will handle at least one slide. If it keeps me out of the ER its done its job. Cheap insurance compared to a hospital bill.

Metals 907

I agree. Someone making a buck off others ignorance. Unfortunately some have to learn the hard and painful way.

unicorn_violence

I agree. Someone making a buck off others ignorance. Unfortunately some have to learn the hard and painful way.

unless they start getting all the ladies. especially ladies that also wear sandals
Al7VB3L.jpg

Metals 907

Told my wife long ago i wouldn't ride 2 up with her. If she wanted to learn how to ride i would get her an xr 100 and teach her how to ride. Only after she had an understanding of the dynamics would i put her on the back.
I've only got one ass to risk, thats my own.

nagata

Since I began riding in 2005, I've always been a proponent of AGATT. For the first 5 years, I figured my 'casual riding' attire was plenty: good helmet, perf leather jacket, gauntlet leather gloves, kevlar reinforced jeans, & basic Astars calf height boots. Then, in 2010, I hit a deer @ ~60mph while exiting a sweeper on a back road and high-sided; while the helmet saved my life and the gear kept me from getting TOO banged up, I still had a SEVERE ankle sprain, very bad rash on my knee where the jeans failed, and huge patches of rash on my lower back where the jacket rode up.

Since that get-off, I stepped up my gear to include textile or leather pants that zip to my jacket and high-end Astars boots with substantial ankle bracing. Personal choice, but these days, this is what I wear anytime I ride, doesn't matter how short or how long, or what type of riding I plan to do, because if I go down again, I want to minimize my chances of getting the busted ankle or road rash again.