North Carolina?

Treachery

Country flag
So, quiet in the SE...I reckon we're all out riding. Or studying other areas of the forum. Who's in NC? Particularly western NC...where the good roads are...:cool:

OldVet

I have a good friend Wayne Zell that lives in Black Mountain but he is taking a hiatus from riding again, hopefully he will get back into it soon.

SWdragon

Country flag
Athens, TN I ride US129, Rt28 and Cherohala Skyway on the weekends. In addition to all the great roads in the area.

Treachery

Country flag
You know, sooner or later I need to trailer the RC to the Dragon. Problem is, that's two hours plus of either droning along in the truck (each way) or two hours of semi-decent riding on the bike just to ride 11 miles up and 11 back. It's only fun during the week, and even then, enforcement efforts are ...enthusiastic. Probably why I tend to hit the good roads within an hour or two.

badgerdog

You know, sooner or later I need to trailer the RC to the Dragon. Problem is, that's two hours plus of either droning along in the truck (each way) or two hours of semi-decent riding on the bike just to ride 11 miles up and 11 back. It's only fun during the week, and even then, enforcement efforts are ...enthusiastic. Probably why I tend to hit the good roads within an hour or two.

NC Bike is within striking distance for you I imagine. More fun/less risky than Deal's Gap I'd say. If you happen to go in July (there's 2 weekends of track days in July) I may see you there. May even have an RC390 by then as several others attending do.

badgerdog

EvolveGT, N2 Track and Team Promotion all do track days there, I've done a couple this past month. I wasn't sure I'd like it beforehand, but having gone there, the track is an absolute blast. This is why I want/need/must have an RC390, there were several there. Team ProMo is there 7/15-16 I believe, Evolve goes back 7/28-29. If you need more info, let me know.

Edit to add location: It's in Garysburg, NC right off of I95. If you go the end of July, look for the old guy, that'll be me.

NCBike.jpg

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
Hm. Thanks for the info; looks like fun, especially on a small bike. Buuuut....that's about as far as it can be from me and still be in NC.
:(

badgerdog

Yeah, I realize it would be a trek, still I've talked to guys at NC Bike who have made the trip down from PA, NJ, and MD. Those guys usually show up Friday afternoon and do sessions on both Sat and Sun. Also, although I'm amazed at how many folks show up puling these huge campers, there's also decent space around the perimeter of the paddock for camping. Elec hookups as well and I think there are showers available too.

I know someone who is close to where you are that has suggested I make the trip to Carolina Motorsports Park, that looks like a fun track as well. I think they have Sportbike Track Time this weekend.

Last edited:

isaac_

I made the trip from CT. It is so worth it. It really is a test facility. It has the longest, flattest straight I've seen. And that big circle turn took me like 11 seconds on an SV to complete. You're probably going to be hanging there for about 20 on the RC [emoji23]. But so much fun. The two days I went, we ran it both directions (one day each)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk