PCV Speed Input

EnCee

Anybody know if it is possible to connect the speed input of the PCV to the rear wheel sensor?
If so what wire is used for the signal?
I tried both wires going to the sensor.

Fasteddy

Country flag
If you still have the ABS installed you could use the blue / white wire from pin 8, it has the correct level to drive the PVC according to their specs. It is the line that sends speed signal pulses to the ECU.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 452

FANTASTIC!!! Thank you so much Fasteddy! I'm developing autotune maps by gear because it detonates in 5th/6th gear under light load from 5K- 7K RPMs after using the high-compression head gasket. I don't want to retard ignition timing by 2 degrees in these cells for 1st- 4th gear because it doesn't ping so this really helps me out ; )

SPG

How are you detecting detonation? I can never hear it on mine but it seems to show signs...

Also, what gas are you running?

Thanks!
-Sean

D

Deleted member 452

I would love to try it but most of the guys at DynoJet (I've talked to 5 of their techs so far) seem to be reading a script from a manual so I doubt they would be any help calibrating the signal from the knock sensor for the PCV.

D

Deleted member 452

How are you detecting detonation? I can never hear it on mine but it seems to show signs...

Also, what gas are you running?

Thanks!
-Sean

I can hear it plus acceleration stops when it pings. I run 92 octane (the highest available) but the detonation is caused by 2 things: I replaced the stock head gasket with a high- compression gasket when the OEM gasket failed & The PCV maps from Dynojet & most tuners advance ignition timing by 2 degrees where detonation is occurring. It only happens in 5th/6th gear under light loads (freeway cruising up a hill) so I tried 1 degree advance in the cells for 5K- 7K RPMs with 40% to 60% throttle openings but it would still ping occasionally so I changed the cells to 0 degrees and detonation stopped. I just don't want to give up any horsepower in gears 1- 4 so I'm going to set up the map by gear option.

Icehax

Country flag
I can hear it plus acceleration stops when it pings. I run 92 octane (the highest available) but the detonation is caused by 2 things: I replaced the stock head gasket with a high- compression gasket when the OEM gasket failed & The PCV maps from Dynojet & most tuners advance ignition timing by 2 degrees where detonation is occurring. It only happens in 5th/6th gear under light loads (freeway cruising up a hill) so I tried 1 degree advance in the cells for 5K- 7K RPMs with 40% to 60% throttle openings but it would still ping occasionally so I changed the cells to 0 degrees and detonation stopped. I just don't want to give up any horsepower in gears 1- 4 so I'm going to set up the map by gear option.
Sorry if im reviving an old thread but i have a question about this. Here in italy we have 95 octane as standsrd fuel and 100-105 as premium... Do you think it would still ping for me with the high compression gasket?

KTMasean

Country flag
Sorry if im reviving an old thread but i have a question about this. Here in italy we have 95 octane as standsrd fuel and 100-105 as premium... Do you think it would still ping for me with the high compression gasket?
They are talking about North American octane numbers which are different from Europe or elsewhere.

Icehax

Country flag
They are talking about North American octane numbers which are different from Europe or elsewhere.
Ok, so ron 95 is 91 in the us right? So yeah I would probably have to get higher octane fuel since my map runs 6 degrees in some places :/ such a bummer i thought i wouldnt have to do this

KTMasean

Country flag
No idea what numbers they use there or what they compare to with the rest of the world.
Perhaps someone knowledgeable from the USA can chip in?