Pirelli Diablo Rosso II psi

Seth

Country flag
Hi All,

On the frame sticker on my bike it says 29 psi front and rear. The max psi is 42. The current psi is 33 from the dealer. What do you recommend I keep the pressure at?

Fasteddy

Country flag
I have been running 30 / 30 cold measured with a accurate gauges, I have tested lots of gauges with extreme differences.

DCMoney

Country flag
You run Rosso II's for racing? That seems odd to me since those are street tires

I ran a Rosso II rear all last season on my race bike (ninja 250), cold 27 PSI.

Ran it on the rear of the 390 for my first race weekend and it was sliding too much going to a Supercorsa SC2 rear.

Tito_gsx

I ran a Rosso II rear all last season on my race bike (ninja 250), cold 27 PSI.

Ran it on the rear of the 390 for my first race weekend and it was sliding too much going to a Supercorsa SC2 rear.

Interesting....besides rear end getting loose, how did you find rosso 2's at the track? Good front end feedback? do they overheat?
Thanks

mr-fabricator

You run Rosso II's for racing? That seems odd to me since those are street tires

They are the dot control tire for our production racing class , ninja 250 and 300

250 guys manage but for 300 theyre not the best , but its the rules at the moment .

Personally i prefer dunlop a13 or ub02 wich are allowed this year .

rideontt

Country flag
Use factory settings

25psi front and 28 rear would be good starting... point

Hi All,

On the frame sticker on my bike it says 29 psi front and rear. The max psi is 42. The current psi is 33 from the dealer. What do you recommend I keep the pressure at?

Treachery

Country flag
Agree on:
*25 being too low for the front; unless you're a 95 pound high schooler.
*Use a good gauge

If you ran 42 psi, you wouldn't do it for long. I suspect you'd have all the grip of a billiard ball on a glass top table. Guy did that on an RC51 at a track day I attended, and wondered why he couldn't turn. Never did get his confidence back.

I've been at 29 F&R on the RC from day one, OE Pirellis.

HermannNW

image1.JPGIMG_5311.JPG look at my tyres, I have been riding with passenger must of the time, but I commit the mistake of run at 29/29 psi, I have only 12,000kms

Last edited:

Asher

12000kms out of sports tyres is great mileage.

For the pressures, 29 psi sounds fine. For summer/fast paced riding you might want to drop it a psi or two and for winter/slow riding you might want to increase it by a psi or two

tecknojoe

Country flag
29 or 30 front and rear will be perfect .

We race them as a control tire at 28 front and rear off the warmers .

Using warmers on the Rosso II won't cook it? Or is it fine either way?

I'll be on track tomorrow. Should be able to get my hands on the SC1 / SC2 before I go out, but in case I don't I still have the Rosso II on there.