Question Powercommander model year question (and maybe rapidbike EVO)

wkper

Country flag
I was wondering if there's a difference between the Powercommander V for the 17+ models and the one that's designed for 14-17 models. I can get the PCV for the earlier model for a fair price but I have a 2018 model. Are they compatible or will it cause issues?

There's a decat high mount pipe underway and I will use the silencer of my Akra slip-on with that. Because the 390s tend to run too lean I'd like to get it tuned and I have a very well known tuner near me but he currently only carries rapidbike EVO ECUs. Having it tuned with the rapidbike evo included will cost around 850 euros which is on the high side of my budget. So that's why I was wondering if it's possible to use the older model PCV because it would save a massive amount of money.

Karfanatik

Country flag
I'm just here cruising for info on the PCV and install/any issues with them. If you haven't gotten an answer, the one for 17-present is for ride by wire throttle. From what I've seen, the 15-16 pcv's are more expensive.

I was originally looking at the RBE modules due to the autotune built in but I found that tuners in my area aren't very knowledgeable with the system. PCV is widely supported nearby.

I just purchased a PCV with map switch and a custom map from Rottweiler. Still waiting on the decat, gray area airbox and injector, open lid with filter, and quickshifter. Likely gonna slap it all together in an afternoon and ride it with the custom map for now. Early next year, I'll be getting a protune early on in the riding season to really dial er in and see whats what.

wkper

Country flag
I got a rapidbike Evo and installed it myself, yet to tune it. The difference is noticeable already with the power being more all through the revband, especially under 5k. I got the model for the 390 duke which also works for the RC of course. The very well known tuner in my area was looking to get some 390 experience so that's great.

=maz=

Country flag
If I understand things correctly the Rapidbike Evo will do the tuning for you. That's a huge saving right there to be honest...dyno runs cost money and you're stuck with the tune and setup unless you pay for another dyno run.
The thing I like about RB Evo is you can update the bike in stages without paying for a Dyno run at each stage.

Seth

Country flag
I'm thinking of getting the Rapidbike Evo Exclusive. The autoadapt feature onboard learns as you drive, upgrade etc. Seems like a good company too.

AMv8(1day)

Country flag
Leaning toward the RBE myself, but haven’t gotten confirmation that there aren’t any surprise compatibility issues with the Husky pilens. (I’ve got a ’21 Vitpilen)
Has anyone done a back to back comparison? I’m expecting my build to be pretty extensive if I can ever source an upgraded valvetrain kit for higher RPM power.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Leaning toward the RBE myself, but haven’t gotten confirmation that there aren’t any surprise compatibility issues with the Husky pilens. (I’ve got a ’21 Vitpilen)
Has anyone done a back to back comparison? I’m expecting my build to be pretty extensive if I can ever source an upgraded valvetrain kit for higher RPM power.
The two kits differ because off the change to ride by wire in 17. So there's one kit for the initial 14-16 models with standard cable throttle, and then 17+ for RBW. Not sure about the husky as that's a model that in the US is still pretty new... and parts compatibility seems to be somewhat random between the Duke, RC, and the Vitpilen despite both sharing the same motor.